Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    U watch the news and stress,don't U?!

LOL

Is not even funny

Just had something similar happen to me about 2 weeks ago.

Hit a puddle which was had swamped half the road, didn't check the depth but couldn't have been much deeper than an ankle.

Car stalled and wouldn't restart. Towed it in, woke up then next morning, pulled plugs, cranked, changed the plugs and started her up. Hooray!!

Was missing bad, puffing out steam, which lasted for about 10 minutes... eventually subsiding and car revving cleaner. Took it for a drive, all seemed well except for a really small miss in the lower rev range.

Got the engine nice and hot, then parked it up to try and let the heat totally dry out the engine bay. Then took it for a drive again about 4 hours later...

Got the oil temperature up, then went for a blast 1st, 2nd, top of 3rd about to change then, just the sound of metal bashing and lots of little clinks and clunks swiftly followed by a wave of flames engulfing my back windscreen for at least 10 seconds. Managed to put the flames out

Conrod through the block...

Moral of the story@: Watch out for those puddles

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    holy epic story bro

Sounds like someone didn't change their oil after letting water sit in their engine.

Member Array
    Car:
    CR-V
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    Water doesn't combust therefore something had to let go.
    Fixed

Water does not compress therefore something had to let go
    CR-V RD1 - The Daily
    V36 - Weekender
    R33 - Track Warrior

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star
    Quote Originally Posted by ej20i View Post
    Thanks for all the input guys,
    bad news though,
    the car cranked and started after 2 hours and was driven home from the city and now the car is knocking
    took it to the mech and drained oil and changed sparkies but i guess its too late
    car knock = bent conrod. keep driving it
    and you'll get this..
    1.blown conrod.
    2.blown piston
    3.blown cylinder wall
    4.blown valves
    5.blown head

why...i know? because i been there not too long ago =)

Quote Originally Posted by blkmgc View Post
    Moral of the story@: Watch out for those puddles
    moral of the story... dont run silly intakes :P

Quote Originally Posted by Samm928 View Post
    and you'll get this..
    1.blown conrod.
    2.blown piston
    3.blown cylinder wall
    4.blown valves
    5.blown head

Also just noticed I got a cracked gearbox housing!! Its going to be interesting stripping the motor down.

to sp33: I don't think changing the engine oil in my situation would have made a difference... once the conrod bends its bent

Quote Originally Posted by Samm928 View Post
    and you'll get this..
    1.blown conrod.
    2.blown piston
    3.blown cylinder wall
    4.blown valves
    5.blown head

Also just noticed I got a cracked gearbox housing!! Its going to be interesting stripping the motor down.

to sp33: I don't think changing the engine oil in my situation would have made a difference... once the conrod bends its bent

Quote Originally Posted by blkmgc View Post

You said it was revving fine, and then it started sounding like metal on metal. If the connecting rod was bent to start with, it wouldn't have been revving fine. Sounds like the water that was in your engine sank past the rings and into the oil. From what i heard water doesn't lubricate too well which builds friction, metal on metal, rod through the block.