Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic eg

Accord-Complicted much!?

It annoys me how honda can make one thing so simple and another thing so rediculous..for instance, changing a dashboard light on any 90's civic requires you to remove the tiny plastic cluster above the speedo and a further screw that holds the actual speedo in place, from there on you simply unscew the bulb that needs replacing...on the 1994 accord its a TOTALLY different story, for starters you need to remove the entire centre console, inculidng the armrest, cupholders, radio etc just to get access to the screws that hold the upper console in place (thats already like 40mins of work done properly and your not even halfway) once you finally have the speedo out 7 hours later, u need to further remove a complicated plate fixed to the back of it just to get access to the stupid bulbs, mind you removing this plate literally causes the speedo to fall apart internally if your not careful, like omg..unless you need to replace important bulbs say the check engine and oil pressure lights like in my case dont even touch the thing..its a joke
    Last edited by mike0094; 14-02-2010 at 10:04 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CR-V
    Cool Story Bro, but accord has:

1. Ridiculous front brakes - hub over rotor design, where-else majority of others are rotor over hub.

2. Ridiculous fuel pump location - need to drop the tank just to get access to the fuel pump where-else majority of others have service panels under the rear seat.

3. Need to remove bumper to remove front headlight assembly

Shocking but lets just think of it as it is a once-in-a-while thing to do.
    CR-V RD1 - The Daily
    V36 - Weekender
    R33 - Track Warrior

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    Definitely is too hard to spell complicated correctly. I think this should go in the Vent thread in the lounge.

Also you forget, the Accords are full of win!

But on another note thanks for posting this because the lights behind the aircon dials on mine are out, now I can see it's gonna be a big job to replace them.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic eg
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Definitely is too hard to spell complicated correctly. I think this should go in the Vent thread in the lounge.

Also you forget, the Accords are full of win!

But on another note thanks for posting this because the lights behind the aircon dials on mine are out, now I can see it's gonna be a big job to replace them.
    lol was too frustrated to spell correctly...i saw the aircon lights as i removed the upper console, their just normal wedge globes but i spose their still a pain in the ass to reach

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    I'm sure they will be... I definitely couldn't be bothered... Don't know if I ever will be bothered tell you the truth. I know where they are at night anyway, don't need to see them.

Maybe one day...

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Accord VTI-L
    yeah, but this type of thing is probably not seen as a serviceable item-ie- the manufacturer expects that in 99.999% of cars stuff like dash lights will last the life of the vehicle, they arent designed to be easily removed or replaced, Bugger hey?!