Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR

Clutch Troubleshooting.

Hi

Yesterday was driving around and came out of a roundabout and car was hard to get in gear.

Then, moving away from traffic lights or any stop the car shudders when using normal rpm (like 1500/2000) (if i use like 3000, 3500 rpm to move off its fine).

Also, its hard to get it into gear when i'm driving, but when i'm stopped with the clutch in (engine still running) i can run through all the gears no problems.

Any suggestions?
    ALL WITCHES' HATS MUST DIE!!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra VTi-R
    worn out clutch ? i think i have a problem like that. but it beccomes less noticable after a change of transmision fluid. i had a similar problem before and people tell me my clutch is about to goto the big autoheaven in the sky.
    "Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave! With a box of scraps!"

Wayne: Funny.. Mugsees car is also built in a cave with a bunch of scraps, also its red and gold.. interesting......

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Then, moving away from traffic lights or any stop the car shudders when using normal rpm (like 1500/2000) (if i use like 3000, 3500 rpm to move off its fine).
    Is this when getting off the mark? I'd point to either the clutch disk or flywheel that needs resurfacing. I took used to have this problem, but took my clutch out on the weekend and resanded its surface + the flywheel (just with some sandpaper). The problem was fine for around 4 days but is back again.

What gears do you find it hard to get in and also, does it crunch/catch putting it into gear? Often an oil change will help getting into gear.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    yeah, thats when getting off the mark Wynode.

hard to get into all gears, but doesn't catch or crunch or make any noise really besides the normal (i cycled through the gears when in neutral with clutch in and only noise was the normal engagement noises). Its' more a tightness sort of feeling at the opening of the gate.

doesn't make any weird noises at all when driving in gear and pulls like normal.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Try some new gearbox oil that case.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    check your master and slave clutch cylinderz, and the fluid level 1st.

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Integra VTiR
    and how do i do that? levels is cool, every reservoir I could see had plenty in it.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CBR600RR, EGG
    ok i got this exact same problem, my car is shuddering at idle, it is really hard to get into gear and the clutch engages very close to the floor now. it almost seems as if my clutch isn't workin at all. when my car is not running though i can get through all gears fine. any ideas people?

Banned Array
    Car:
    DC4 <-----She's Gone :(
    It is definately the clutch especially when ur car shudders like all fk it feels like the car is a big dildo. But yeah go get anew clutch. Also have u burnt the clutch or dropped it at high Rpm??

Member Array
    Car:
    05 CBR600RR, EGG
    ok nah i found out the problem, my slave cylinder was leaking and it ran the fluid dry. i'll just bleed the system and fix the leak and replace the fluid. anybody recommend any certain type of fluid to use? i have a heavy duty clutch. thanks

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    just use honda brake fluid