Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda civic sport 09

honda civic FD DBW problem or not???

Hey guys, i have a 09 civic FD sport, with k20 engine, no modifications at all, complete factory stock.

At certain times when i floor the acceleration the rev doesnt jump..instead of the rev line jumping up...it does more of a cruise up the rpm's...then at other certain times when i floor the acceleration the rev line jumps.

Example: when cruising at 2000 rpm..then flooring the acceleration, it doesn't jump to 4-5000 rpm...it cruises towards 4-5000 rpm and takes around about 2-3 seconds until it reaches the 5000 rpm mark...then at other times when im cruising at 2000 rpm...then floor the acceleration the rev jumps up to 4-5000 rpm in a second...

Could this be the DBW?? or another issue??

Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Civic Sport
    if cruising at 2000rpm in first, or at 2000rpm in fifth gear could be miles apart... are you talking about in the same gear?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda civic sport 09
    sorry, forgot to mention my car is an AT

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Civic Sport
    check behind the accelerator, is there a little button on the end? so if u push down the accelerator, will it tap into a button? thats the kickdown button. slamming ur foot down causes to hit that button which goes into the lowest gear possible, but being more gentle on it will not push that button down, causing it to not go down to the lowest possible gear. this is why sometimes you experience harder acceleration than other times.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda civic sport 09
    i cant seem to find any sort of button behind the accelerator.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Civic Sport
    guys can anyone else with the autos confirm if theres a kickdown button? it may be hard to see

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC eg(dead)kw298 ,FD1
    guys just put it down to a lower gear from D to 3 (or which ever is the next one down) and floor it you will be shooting like a rocket , well even if your car wont go fast your will feel like your in a rocket

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    It's called an autobox. Thats what autoboxes do - they shift whenever they feel like it.

oh and dbw lag feels nothing like what u described,

it's when your ecu purposely 'lags' coming off the accelerator, so that you dont flush unburnt fuel through ur exhaust (destroying ur cat)
    Last edited by curtis265; 22-02-2010 at 08:41 PM.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda civic sport 09
    ok thanks curtis265

Member Array
    Car:
    bmw
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    It's called an autobox. Thats what autoboxes do - they shift whenever they feel like it.

oh and dbw lag feels nothing like what u described,

it's when your ecu purposely 'lags' coming off the accelerator, so that you dont flush unburnt fuel through ur exhaust (destroying ur cat)
    ohhhhhh so thats why i dont get poppies and black puffs

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    yup
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC