Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 EH9, 04 CL9

CL9 what to do for better fit of 19" rim

hi everyone, bought a 2nd hand 04 euro lux last year april and i'm loving it. previous owners(2 owners before me) has put on a few different mods on the car so i don't really need to do much to it.

anyway, the car has been lowered a bit using Koni yellow adjustable shock, not sure what springs(was done by 1st owner, 2nd owner doesn't know), 19" SSR rims (unkown width & offset, was put on by 1st owner, 2nd owner doesn't know, but i notice front & rear rims has different offset the rear sticks out a bit more 235/35/R19 rubber on all four) it still has about 2 fingers length between the tyre and the guard, and looking down from top i cannot see the wheel sticking out, so it's kinda flush.

however, when i have passengers in the back seats and going over a bigger bump the rear tyre will scrape the rear part of the guard (the bit where the rear 1/4 panel ends and the rear bumper starts, it's the spot there there is a screw to screw on the rear bumper, hope you know where i'm talking about), it mostly scrapes on the rear left not the rear right, even the heaviest person is sitting on the right.

i just had the rear camber(camber adjustment on lower arm) set to -3, i hope it will just clear it and won't scrape, but i don't want to get stuck with -3 camber (guards already been rolled by previous owners), tyres are expensive for 19", i think i'll leave it -3 for now and when it's due for new tyres i'll get 225 instead of 235 and hope it will clear, but not sure until then.

if with a 225 tyre and still scrapes, i want to see what else i can do.

what i can think of are:

1. go to a panel/custom shop and flare the guards to make more clearance and then set less aggressive camber for longer lasting tyre wear.

2. some say machine the centre part of the wheel so the wheel don't stick out as much, but is this safe? anyone here has done it this way?

3. one of the members on this forum said he moved the rear wheel forward a bit so it won't scrape the rear part of the guard (can't find the post now....) does it really work?

that's what i can think of so far, other suggestion are welcome, or if you know any shops in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne good at getting these done, let me know too.

Member Array
    Car:
    accord euro
    sounds like the rear bumper needs some cutting and the little tab that connects the quarter panel and the bumper needs modifying... if no ine beats me to it ill post up some pics when i can... on that note, show us some pics of your car, looks pretty dope in your avatar!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    euro_tr4sh is right.. i've got 20" rims on mine.. and i had to cut out a piece of the rear bumper... just where it connects with the quarter panel.. there's no finger gap between my wheel and the guard and it's fine.. i went to a tyre shop and they grinded it off.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 EH9, 04 CL9
    yeah, i'll take some more pics when i get some time.

and if i need to cut the bumper and the tab on the 1/4 panel, i should go to a panel shop right?

know any shops in eastern melbourne?

Member Array
    Car:
    accord euro
    nah man, you can cut the bumper section with a sharp knife, pretty soft and the tab can be bent by hand, i ripped the inner plastic gaurd out aswell, if you got a bit of know how and are handy with diy theres no need to pay someone to do it

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    take out ur rear wheels n use dremel to cut it off and bend that tab out of the way

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    did u relocate your tab Felix?
    atm im rockin it with that tab and lotsa scrubbage and noises....LOL....maybe hoping that its break off soon....

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaNz View Post
    did u relocate your tab Felix?
    atm im rockin it with that tab and lotsa scrubbage and noises....LOL....maybe hoping that its break off soon....
    hey Tranz actually i didnt relocate the tabs i had to grind the inside of my bumper but it still clicks on to the black plastic liner parts of the body if u kno what i mean .