Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

** RICE ALERT ** Wide Rear view mirror

Which one do you guys use? I was thinking of picking up this brand called Napolex Broadway. Not sure if I should buy blue or the silver one. The silver one apparently reduces glare at night a bit which I think I need !

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    I used a 270mm curved blue one and found at night I couldn't see anything on a dark street, but that's because I have dark tint on my rear window and the "blueness" is to help against people high beaming etc. meaning the tint is amplified. The curve helps you see more, but it does make things seem further away, thus losing more detail. I now have a 270mm flat 2x (not HID like the one above, but brighter I believe) and it's good since I prefer having things look "normal" and I can see better at night behind me.

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    the blue tinted one is a bit hard to see during night use. That's just from my personal experience.

Oh cool lucky I asked here first...

The silver one has like an aluminium tint over it. Is that one a problem?

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    I think that's how it lets "more light" at night, therefore being able to see better.

Quote Originally Posted by M@lew View Post
    I used a 270mm curved blue one and found at night I couldn't see anything on a dark street, but that's because I have dark tint on my rear window and the "blueness" is to help against people high beaming etc. meaning the tint is amplified. The curve helps you see more, but it does make things seem further away, thus losing more detail. I now have a 270mm flat 2x (not HID like the one above, but brighter I believe) and it's good since I prefer having things look "normal" and I can see better at night behind me.
    WTH does HID mean anyway? Thought that was headlight technology!

I just went out & measured my stock one & it's 24cm. I'm thinking of going the 300mm one (30cm).

There's even a 360mm one as well! I mean I do want a bit of extra vision but don't wanna look ridiculously stupid! What do you guys reckon?

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    I reckon 270mm is a good size. Keep in mind you won't be able to open your visor-things to block the sun without hitting your mirror.

Aww yeah forgot about that! Hmmm 270mm doesn't seem that much bigger though...

I'm gonna take out my ruler & measure it again... LOL

this mirrors are hectic, my mate has em, can see so much and they look bling too LOL
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    if u got tinted windows just get the clear..

if u got no tint, then go for the blueish one.

Apparently the convex (curve) ones you can see heaps better but you'll see your own reflection all the time. Don't think I can stand that so I guess I'm going the flat ones.