Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    Your a beast! thanks for the tips man, I honestly wouldnt have even thought of the antenna... and it's the little things that all add up.

I also see this one doesnt come with a Road Worthy Certificate... Should I be asking him to get it before I agree on a sale? And I've never had to bargain before, is it best to just lay out your bottom line first up? Or is there a better way to do it? Like, for example ask if he's willing to go lower than what he's asking...?

Sorry for the ton of questions, but take it as a compliment, you know your stuff and I appreciate the help! When I bought my civic is was so straight forward, I had everything, reciepts going back to December 94 right from the Dealer and it was a grandma too haha

Thanks again guys,
    Alex
    You have answered your own question. Get one that has been owned by a grandma. Like this one: http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...d=126F2420B7D7

It's overpriced, but look at the kilometres, its still got original mags, and it's the 1st owner so the must have logbooks. If you want something nice and clean, then u have to pay a little bit more.

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    hmmm... what do you guys like on a dc2? rota slipstreams, or volk te37?

We're doing it for the children.

Quote Originally Posted by newpaddy3 View Post
    hmmm... what do you guys like on a dc2? rota slipstreams, or volk te37?
    Are you aware of the massive price difference between the cheapo Rotas and a set of genuine Volks wheels??!

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    Quote Originally Posted by dinorider View Post
    Are you aware of the massive price difference between the cheapo Rotas and a set of genuine Volks wheels??!
    yeah i am, but i just wanted to know people's opinions on what they liked

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    TE37's... Friends don't let friends buy rota's.

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    aww damn haha, what's wrong with rota slipstreams? i like them...

they want you to get the genuine stuff - btw if your still looking in a month ill have my car freshly painted in white with type r motor for sale see if you can test your patience haha.

Quote Originally Posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
    TE37's... Friends don't let friends buy rota's.
    Quoted for truth.

Save up for the real thing, or don't buy at all. Rota = fail.

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    aww damn... does rota have a bad build quality or something?

Quote Originally Posted by newpaddy3 View Post
    aww damn... does rota have a bad build quality or something?
    Trawl through the yankee car forums for pictures of Rota's cracking/breaking.

Rota's claim to fame is in making replicas (a.k.a. copies) of famous, top grade wheels. And that's all they are good for, cheap copies. Every 'nice' or 'famous' Rota design you see is copied from a design of a top end wheel maker. Search the internet for pictured examples.

The Rota slipstreams are famously known as copies of the Spoon SW388.

You can get Rota copies of the TE37 too, they're called the Rota Grid!

But........ friends don't let friends buy Rota's.

Another suggestion for the OP, if you find a nice grandma's car, check for completeness of service records! She could just take it for regular oil changes in some cheap workshop, so the car ends up getting filled with unsuitable motor oil, and the mech could have overlooked major work like timing belt changes etc because the lil' old lady didn't tell him to do it.
    Last edited by dinorider; 23-02-2010 at 02:21 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    klungemobile
    AHHH ok i didnt know that, i didnt even know spoon made wheels lol, i love spoon... SPOON WHEELS HERE I COME!! in a little bit when i have more money lol...

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by dinorider View Post
    Trawl through the yankee car forums for pictures of Rota's cracking/breaking.

Rota's claim to fame is in making replicas (a.k.a. copies) of famous, top grade wheels. And that's all they are good for, cheap copies. Every 'nice' or 'famous' Rota design you see is copied from a design of a top end wheel maker. Search the internet for pictured examples.

The Rota slipstreams are famously known as copies of the Spoon SW388.

You can get Rota copies of the TE37 too, they're called the Rota Grid!

But........ friends don't let friends buy Rota's.
    Listen to this man, Pat.

But back onb topic for now, I need to find a car to put wheels on before I even consider which ones to get haha..