Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Is this your 93 model teg? How long since the conversion was done?

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...d=126F2420B7D7

Looking at this one on thursday..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    wow 14k is heaps, could almost get a Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by koevi View Post
    wow 14k is heaps, could almost get a Type R
    Yeah i know, thats what i thought. But still, only 45,xxxk's! I'm hoping he would be willing to go done to the 11.5-12k mark, but that may jsut be wishful thinking.

nah its not the 93 one - a different one of mine. Motor done about 9 months ago.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    Yeah i know, thats what i thought. But still, only 45,xxxk's! I'm hoping he would be willing to go done to the 11.5-12k mark, but that may jsut be wishful thinking.
    14k...wouldnt it be kinda the same if u bought say a good condition 94-96 integra with about 200,xxxkms on it for 5-6k and just rebuild the motor with new internals for ~4k and save alot of money and have new engine, just chucking random ideas out there lol

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by koevi View Post
    14k...wouldnt it be kinda the same if u bought say a good condition 94-96 integra with about 200,xxxkms on it for 5-6k and just rebuild the motor with new internals for ~4k and save alot of money and have new engine, just chucking random ideas out there lol
    Nah its true, thats a good idea, and I thought about it. But I'd still need a daily in the mean time and I jsut simply couldnt afford to be off the road during a re-build. Plus, call me pedantic if you will, but I'm kind of partial to the post-facelifted look That's not a biggie tho, if I was to find a 94-97 model in good nick I'll look at it.. There's jsut not that much up for sale around Brisbane unfortunately

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    I recon u might get the white 45k vti-r price down to 12k. Thats a very reasonable price. Go through it with a fine tooth comb and use any wear/scratches etc... as leverage.

Like Michael Katon said in The Castle: "$14k? Tell him he's dreamin'."

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecivic78 View Post
    I recon u might get the white 45k vti-r price down to 12k. Thats a very reasonable price. Go through it with a fine tooth comb and use any wear/scratches etc... as leverage.

Like Michael Katon said in The Castle: "$14k? Tell him he's dreamin'."
    So I went and sussed it out today.

Good points:

-Car is straight, never been in an accident
    -He chucked on some new tyres on the rear for roadworthy, along with alignment etc..(just spent $700 on service and tyres...)
    -Engine bay is immaculate, looks new. No oil leaks anywhere
    -Ditto with the interior, it was spotless, apart from needing a thorough clean.
    -Type R wing optioned from the dealer back when he bought it in september 2000, which was nice
    -ONLY 45,000 KILOMETRES!!!

Bad points:

-Car has obviously been left in the sun a fair bit, paint has lost it shine is some places, however it is NOT faded.
    -a horizontal row of dents, each about 1cm in diameter about 30-40 cm's long above the right rear wheel, starting under the rear window. He blamed his little kids for that, however it didnt really bother me as with a goooood clean, it would be hardly noticeable
    -Headlights are starting to fade slightly, but again nothing a good thorough clean wont fix.

Everything else on the car is perfect. Apart from those superficial things, I could hardly fault the car. As I believe Dino pointed out to make sure I check for, the antenna made the 'rat-a-tat-a-tat' noise. But apart from that, its a beauty.

Took it for a drive and it was perfect, very very smooth.

Regarding the price, I was hoping to get down around the 12k mark, even abit under. And I thought I could have done it, pointing out the dents and other faults, but as he had jsut got the roadworthy a couple days ago along with a service, adding up to over $700, he was firm at 13k, no less.

Overall, the guy was a champ, a real nice guy and it was a real pleasure to go look at his car. If he would have taken 12k I would have done it. I'll maybe go back in a month or two if I havnt found anything before then.

Going to go look at this one next:

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...d=1272ADA179E6

I'll let you know how I go with this one

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    So I went and sussed it out today.

Good points:

-Car is straight, never been in an accident
    -He chucked on some new tyres on the rear for roadworthy, along with alignment etc..(just spent $700 on service and tyres...)
    -Engine bay is immaculate, looks new. No oil leaks anywhere
    -Ditto with the interior, it was spotless, apart from needing a thorough clean.
    -Type R wing optioned from the dealer back when he bought it in september 2000, which was nice
    -ONLY 45,000 KILOMETRES!!!

Bad points:

-Car has obviously been left in the sun a fair bit, paint has lost it shine is some places, however it is NOT faded.
    -a horizontal row of dents, each about 1cm in diameter about 30-40 cm's long above the right rear wheel, starting under the rear window. He blamed his little kids for that, however it didnt really bother me as with a goooood clean, it would be hardly noticeable
    -Headlights are starting to fade slightly, but again nothing a good thorough clean wont fix.

Everything else on the car is perfect. Apart from those superficial things, I could hardly fault the car. As I believe Dino pointed out to make sure I check for, the antenna made the 'rat-a-tat-a-tat' noise. But apart from that, its a beauty.

Took it for a drive and it was perfect, very very smooth.

Regarding the price, I was hoping to get down around the 12k mark, even abit under. And I thought I could have done it, pointing out the dents and other faults, but as he had jsut got the roadworthy a couple days ago along with a service, adding up to over $700, he was firm at 13k, no less.

Overall, the guy was a champ, a real nice guy and it was a real pleasure to go look at his car. If he would have taken 12k I would have done it. I'll maybe go back in a month or two if I havnt found anything before then.

Yea, ive seen that other 'teg on carsales, looks clean. Its been there for a while, cause, hes asking too much.

Same with this guy. With the dents like you said + the radio antenna + fading paint, he is dreaming. He'll probably take a lower price when he still hasn't sold after a month or more. After reading your post my conclusion is that $13K is too much. If it was mint, maybe. Print out the redbook value page and show it to the seller.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Yeah, I've come to the same conclusion. Anything over 12 grand is going heading into ITR territory... And this one was the thing i've seen to mint. And yesssss I was thinking about printing out the Redbook value, I will do that for sure with this goldish one..

That silver one looks really good too. Worth checking out for sure.

For that white one, yeah sure the owner's spent lots of money on it before attempting to sell, but it's still wishful thinking to ask for so much, considering that the paint is dulling and dented in places too. You might think, "oh the paint can be buffed back to a shine," but not always... Honda's water based clearcoat from the 1990s is usually quite thin and buffing too hard will go right through the clear. And a repaint is not cheap at all.

When I bought my DC2, the previous owner changed all four tyres to decent new ones, bled the clutch, changed the brake pads, bled the brakes, all up he had receipts for more than $1200 from just a month before I was buying the car. And he still sold it to me at the rough market value at that time, with no special mention of all that extra work and new tyres.

Somehow some people think that all these routine maintenance issues should be additional add-ons to the base selling price, but I beg to differ. if you loved your car, these should all be done as part of routine and not just for the sale of the car.

Of course, unless the car is already stuffed full of Mugen, Spoon and Toda parts, then that's a different story and a high price is justified.

BTW I always wondered why the facelift DC2/4 had that ugly (IMHO) blue interior. It's hard to match the blue interior with the exterior colour. the black interior from the pre-facelift is more neutral.