Page 1 of 32 123411 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED6 EK4 R56 AP1

SHELL optimax VS BP ultimate FUEL ! For DOHC VTEC

I am just wondering if the Shell optimax better or the BP Ultimate better for DOHC Vtec

Most of my friends said BP Ultimate has better power and even run the engine safter as it does not explode better than optimax.

A friend of mine told me that a honda dealer recommanded BP either.

Some said optimax is the best fuel in Australia.. and some said it is only good for turbo..

my gf's driving instructor said he used to read something was talking about shell and BP fuel. He said BP is always better, as it explode much better than shell..

Now i found everyone has different story

for me I could feel that shell optimax has better power, but i am not sure.. they both has 98 octane. Or maybe Shell has a cleaner petrol station, coles express discount that makes me feel better.

Any idea ???? just tell me how you feel or did anyone even put it on a dyno to test? but it must be done straight away.. like run with bp, clear the fuel tank put optimax ..
    Last edited by ATSEK4; 06-12-2004 at 05:40 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    By feeling, I agree Optimax gives more power, but it feel like my car is addicted to it, just like taking drugs, I couldn't use other kind of fuel now, I used to be using BP Ultimate before but right now my car will be hard to start up and stall if i use fuel other than Optimax, so i don't know, i don't like it this way

Anyway, heard that every petrol company put different formulas in the fuel on summer and winter, so would anyone explain about it?

PS: Never tried BP vs Shell on dyno, i just used Shell to run the dyno and i got the "so-call" 100kw on wheel and that is quite fake to me

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6 EK4 R56 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by spoondc2
    By feeling, I agree Optimax gives more power, but it feel like my car is addicted to it, just like taking drugs, I couldn't use other kind of fuel now, I used to be using BP Ultimate before but right now my car will be hard to start up and stall if i use fuel other than Optimax, so i don't know, i don't like it this way

Anyway, heard that every petrol company put different formulas in the fuel on summer and winter, so would anyone explain about it?

PS: Never tried BP vs Shell on dyno, i just used Shell to run the dyno and i got the "so-call" 100kw on wheel and that is quite fake to me
    I have got the same feeling as well.. i could feel optimax gives more power and after i used BP i found that my car was not going that good.. So are you saying Shell fuel gives better/less power on the dyno? same weather ? same tyres? same dyno? Thanks !

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    I dont know anyone that uses Optimax on hondas anymore. Ive spoken to alot of honda drivers, mechanics etc and they all agree Optimax is crap.. the refineries in adelade are dirty or something i read.. anyway read my post here
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpos...2&postcount=23
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    there both shit, go senergy 8000 from moblie.!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by ATSEK4
    I have got the same feeling as well.. i could feel optimax gives more power and after i used BP i found that my car was not going that good.. So are you saying Shell fuel gives better/less power on the dyno? same weather ? same tyres? same dyno? Thanks !
    I mean I never tired to use BP fuel on dyno, i've tired Shell only, and what i mean about the dyno is, "I don't trust the numbers at all", my car got slower on the road after tune

anyway, the weather is quite cool when i did the dyno, BS GIII, same dyno(See ann Jay )

PS: Although everyone said Shell gives more power, but i don't like it, i don't need "car steroids", and least it makes my car addicted to it already.....

ALL PERSONAL OPINIONS

Disabled Array
    Car:
    FS:DC2R
    This thread has been discussed before on alot of forums. Shell is the last of all options after reading all the discussions. I drive a Dc2r and I use only mobile or Bp not becoz people say so but its because Shell leaves all this black soot like dots all over my back bumper. I did some reasearch and its because shell petrol isnt very clean. SO i changed to mobile and bp one day. From that day on no more dirty bumper. As for dohc vtec power, reading Clubrsx threads BP is the choice for all type R drivers. Personaly my fuel of choice is Mobil Premium Unleaded 8000. I only go to bp if its cheaper.

Hope that answers your question.
    Last edited by Sp3rMz; 06-12-2004 at 06:46 PM.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Synergy 8000 > BP Ultimate > Shell "let's throw every motherf*cking chemical we can lay our hands on to get 98 octane" Opticrap.

BTW - Octane is more about not pinging than it is about delivering power. More to the point, we are still using RON figures not MON figures so it's still crap anyway. If you can see an improvement at the wheels by running 3 different fuels all rated @ 98 RON then I'd be very surprised.

BTW - have a look at your tailpipe after doing an interstate run on Opticrap - it's fouled with carbon deposits around the tip. You don't get that with BP or Mobil (I speak from experience).

I'd rather pee in my tank than put Shell products in there again.

Just my opinion - but you asked.
    Last edited by Setanta; 06-12-2004 at 06:50 PM.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp3rMz
    This thread has been discussed before on alot of forums. Shell is the last of all options after reading all the discussions. I drive a Dc2r and I use only mobile or Bp not becoz people say so but its because Shell leaves all this black soot like dots all over my back bumper. I did some reasearch and its because shell petrol isnt very clean. SO i changed to mobile and bp one day. From that day on no more dirty bumper. As for dohc vtec power, reading Clubrsx threads BP is the choice for all type R drivers. Personaly my fuel of choice is Mobil Premium Unleaded 8000. I only go to bp if its cheaper.

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!
    Right now what i gotta do is let my child to get rid of the Optimax Drug

Anyway, read newspaper, it saids Caltax developed a new formula and it will produce the cleanest fuel in the world, and it's 98 RON finally......

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    That's the new Vortex varient isn't it? But I have a feeling Vortex comes from on of the big 3's refineries... but I'll be interested to see if it lives up to the hype
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by Sp3rMz

same here...
    still got small amounts of black soot here and there thou... but no where near as much as when she was on shell opticrap...

synergy 8000

im on BP side!!!lol used to go w optimax but i feel that BP can last longer than optimax and i reckon its much cleaner, but i could be wrong