Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by --eskimo-eg--
    im on BP side!!!lol used to go w optimax but i feel that BP can last longer than optimax and i reckon its much cleaner, but i could be wrong
    I agree BP last LOT longer than Shell, at least 50km more, good enough for me, hehe at least BP claims "Cleaner Engine" but Shell does not, it just shows a Ferrari revving from the sea back to the land.........

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 Civic VTI-R Hatch
    My dyno tune guy recomends BP and Mobil (if you can't get BP) only, and in that order as BP burns better resulting in better power and less carbon deposits to release out the exhaust.
    I did a trip to Melbourne in March 2004 in my Civic VTI-R and did 3000kms in a week, I had to fill the tank with what ever fuel I could get and the difference between the fuel's was definatley noticeable in that it was smother and quieter with BP.
    I had never noticed a difference around town but going through a tank of fuel in several hours made it very noticable.
    I run all of my car's now "only" on BP 98ron.
    This is also MY oppinon and hope it helps.
    Owned my EK4 for 18 years, it has 96k kms

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    I never use Ultimate, because a certain BP fuel station has told us to f___ off on multiple occasions. So I always use Optimax. I never had a problem with optimax (appart from water in the fuel once - but that is the fuel station's fault not the fuel itself). The mirage made good power with optimax on the dyno. The high flow cat converter was still in perfect condition after running optimax for about 10,000km.

Ohh and don't forget the coles express dockets lol

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    BP Ultimate got less Carbon Build Up in the engine compared to Optimax... I saw this myself with my old car when the engine was taken apart on both occasions when I tested between these two fuels....
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PhatSol
    The mirage made good power with optimax on the dyno.
    Care to explain this? I'm just interested as I have NEVER seen an improvement in power/torque at the front wheels by changing fuels with the same octane rating. Octane increases reduce detonation issues - in a car designed to run on 96 RON at best (the mirage), I fail to see how you can increase power/torque by moving to a higher octane. By advancing ignition - possibly - but not changing fuel brands with the same RON.

What is "good power" anyway? Put it into perspective, how do you see an improvement ATW given the losses incurred through drivetrain etc?
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6 EK4 R56 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by spoondc2
    I agree BP last LOT longer than Shell, at least 50km more, good enough for me, hehe at least BP claims "Cleaner Engine" but Shell does not, it just shows a Ferrari revving from the sea back to the land.........
    I do agree the fact that found heaps of black spots at the rear bumper.
    I am going to get a graph from someone to show that BP is better ..etc
    LETZ TRY BP !

Disabled Array
    Car:
    FS:DC2R
    OPTIMAX is all about the coles docket thats why i've been on it for so long LOL. I just got fed up with cleaning my bumper every day of driving.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by ATSEK4
    I do agree the fact that found heaps of black spots at the rear bumper.
    I am going to get a graph from someone to show that BP is better ..etc
    LETZ TRY BP !
    I think it's very hard to find someone who use both BP and Ultimate on dyno

My personal opinion: i've been using vortex gold on my crx and it runs great... i've been told by a work mate that shell has a high sulfur content.. and it eats away @ the engine when it turns to a form of acid..my car seems very rough with optimax.. but with vortex gold it goes nicely.. and anyways vortex gold has discounts as well.. woolies..! the cheapest petrol station i have always seen is prob the caltex @ roselands along king georges rd.. today most places were like 99-101c/l(regular) @ roselands it was like 94c/l (regular) and on top of that i got a permanent discount @ caltex.. so making it 90c/l(regular) or 100.9c/l(vortex gold before discount) and 96.9c/l(vortex gold after discount) it does feel noticeable cleaner in my car...

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Yep - I have had to run the Vortex gold on occasion too when nothing else was available - I just dropped in enough to get me to a servo with 98 RON but it was smooth on the motor - although I didn't run it up high.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Vortex Gold is 95 or 98RON?

Member Array
    i use either vortex gold or BP ultimate. havent tried the shell optimax. not really fan of shell anyways. i know that my CRX doesnt like using normal unleaded fuels anymore. i always treat her to the good stuff