Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    I also use Optimax. Like the others my rear bumper seems to get dirty quite easily

Member Array
    lol....
    lot of u guys said that he Optimax dirt ur rear bumper, but i never experience that. perheps it's because of my engine is JDM b16a and it was designed to run 100 RON??

Optimax is ok for my engine, at least there is not any knocking or anything.
    never tried BP's ultima on this engine tho.

i remember one time, shell was out to 98 RON, and my tank was nearly empty, so i filled in $10 unlead... guess what happen...
    the car was lake of power, and the engine was shaking and pinging like hell when accel. in low rpm. i even had to rev to at least 4,000 rpm to move the car at 1st gear...

Cheers

Member Array
    about the racing fuel, i was told from one of my mates that u can buy 100 RON from the BP in Wynnum. roughly about $1.xx per litre, no idea of the exactly location tho...

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by b18a
    lol....
    lot of u guys said that he Optimax dirt ur rear bumper, but i never experience that. perheps it's because of my engine is JDM b16a and it was designed to run 100 RON??

i remember one time, shell was out to 98 RON, and my tank was nearly empty, so i filled in $10 unlead... guess what happen...
    the car was lake of power, and the engine was shaking and pinging like hell when accel. in low rpm. i even had to rev to at least 4,000 rpm to move the car at 1st gear...

Cheers
    mine's jdm...

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6 EK4 R56 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by b18a
    lol....

Cheers
    huh? didn't you know VTEC engine only drinks premium unleaded fuel? you were killing the engine. If your car came with Vtec engine, you should see premium unleaded fuel only sticker behind the fuel cover. Thx !

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    B18a: I *think* my engine might be JDM somehoe - seeing as the rest of the car is an import.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    last year i took the civic on a country trip (B16A2) VTiR and i had to use normal unleaded fuel for 200km or so. This fuel was only about 89RON where i needed to use the Premium stuff. It ran fine and i had no dramas with it.
    If i put some of that cordial in the JDM B18c i would be pinging all the way out of the service station.

At the end of the day Australia is a big country and we have lots of refinerys. Some say WA has the best quality controlled fuel, yet those in Melbourne can dispute that. Fuels arent perfect and sometimes a bad batch can be distilled. Big measures are taken to verify each fuel quality but comparing Melbournes fuel to Syndeys, Perth or Darwins isnt getting this arguement anywhere. Dont believe the media hype, just go to the servo who you trust and feel happy with.
    For me i can only use BP Ultimate 98 - bacause i have a JDM engine and an ECU that demands nothing less.

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic B16A
    why don't they give us 100 RON's fuel...sob sob...

Does the different types of fuel really make that much of a difference ? Well a noticeable one anyway.

I'm not really used to having a nice car, only a crappy 83 celica and a 83 commodore. And I tried Optimax before and didn't notice any difference at all.

But I am hopefully getting a VTI 95 hatch in the next few days. So will it really make that much difference if I use the Premium fuel compared to the normal Unleaded ?

Maybe the VTEC Engine is sensitive and can tell the differnce to certain types of fuel where other engines don't really matter

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6 EK4 R56 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by todaek9
    why don't they give us 100 RON's fuel...sob sob...
    Because Australia is always behind... everything is slower.. i dun see any 180 R32 GTIR starlet GT in overseas.. coz they all imported to australia.. too old. And also australia civic does not have type R.. even the new model... and DC5 does not have "blambo" clips like the japs version.. sigh..

Disabled Array
    Car:
    FS:DC2R
    Well mobil has two premiums. 6000 and 8000. I accidently put in 6000 last week and i was complaining why my car was soo sluggish and engine sounded a bit stoned. Petrol burnt up real quick too. I went back to mobil to put more petrol in and reaslised then they had two premiums the blue and the purple. I accidently put in 6000. Thing is if you read you're manual (dc2r) it says "you can run the car fine on unleaded, just the car wont run to its full potential and is not advised for every day use. EMERGENCY ONLY".

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1, JAZZ, ITR, EURO
    Anybody have comment to use octane booster??