Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Disabled Array
    Car:
    FS:DC2R
    its expensive

Banned Array
    Car:
    Civic Turbo
    Optimax is apparently only fuel in australia that does not fluctuate its octaine level its constant at 98
    Bp ultimate fluctuates

Quote Originally Posted by edw-R
    Anybody have comment to use octane booster??
    Yeah, don't use it!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDCORE
    Yeah, don't use it!
    Not sure if it's related but 1 of my injectors is damage straight after i put a bottle of octane booster + Optimax, and also i've seen some report from somewhere (couldn't remember where did i see it), it claims that most of the octane booster in the market doesn't really "increase" the octane number, it is rather just some chemical stuff that i do not know about, so....... I agree it's not good to use it also

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6 EK4 R56 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle_Style
    Optimax is apparently only fuel in australia that does not fluctuate its octaine level its constant at 98
    Bp ultimate fluctuates
    Have you got anything to support your thinking? thx !

Quote Originally Posted by edw-R
    Anybody have comment to use octane booster??
    its pointless...
    vtec engines and fuel management systems were designned to run on 98 RON fuel anything higher the engine wont take advantage of it...

and yes i've tried it no difference...

poured in a bottle of injector cleaner thou and that was pretty noticable...

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6 EK4 R56 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by spoondc2
    Not sure if it's related but 1 of my injectors is damage straight after i put a bottle of octane booster + Optimax, and also i've seen some report from somewhere (couldn't remember where did i see it), it claims that most of the octane booster in the market doesn't really "increase" the octane number, it is rather just some chemical stuff that i do not know about, so....... I agree it's not good to use it also
    A freind of mine who used to work in a workshop in HK, they said some people put "Chou Yuen" into the fuel tank. "it is those little chemical things where you put inside your wardrobe or drawers to prevent insect and wet.

they said this will clean all the injectors and everything and also improve performance as well..

I have not brave enough to try. Anyone ever heard or tried? Thx !

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6 EK4 R56 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by kenshin
    its pointless...
    vtec engines and fuel management systems were designned to run on 98 RON fuel anything higher the engine wont take advantage of it...

and yes i've tried it no difference...

poured in a bottle of injector cleaner thou and that was pretty noticable...
    the fuel management systems were designned to run on 98 RON fuel.. But we are using Apexi Power Fc, is it going to be the same story? Thx !

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by ATSEK4
    A freind of mine who used to work in a workshop in HK, they said some people put "Chou Yuen" into the fuel tank. "it is those little chemical things where you put inside your wardrobe or drawers to prevent insect and wet.

they said this will clean all the injectors and everything and also improve performance as well..

I have not brave enough to try. Anyone ever heard or tried? Thx !
    Oh those $28hkd 4 pcs car pills? I am not dare to try also........ i rather take out the injector myself and start cleaning........

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    lol. a car pill.
    you may as well upend a can of Red Bull in there for anyone knows what will happen ...

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6 EK4 R56 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by spoondc2
    Oh those $28hkd 4 pcs car pills? I am not dare to try also........ i rather take out the injector myself and start cleaning........
    oh they even selling them.. those car pills are just like what i said those things inside the drawer. Dun try ! unless someone say it is good with something to support it is good. i dun think so.. its a joke.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1, JAZZ, ITR, EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by ATSEK4
    the fuel management systems were designned to run on 98 RON fuel.. But we are using Apexi Power Fc, is it going to be the same story? Thx !
    You are right. If you use factory cpu, octane booster is no useful. If you use after market cpu (eg.power fc), you can adjust the timing to make more power.