Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2-tone Civics (EK,EG)

Hey Guys,
    Sprayed most of my car today and realize I dont have enough paint left to finish the rest. Looks like it is going to be two-toned.
    Any suggestions on a colour to match a Green Pearl?

Anyone got pics or links to pics of 2 toned EK hatches?

Much appreciated.

Oz.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Black? Pic of the green pearl?

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    hehe.
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Hatch
    Im a big fan of the two toned look with the black bonnet, roof, spoiler and boot. Especially on the hatches. Makes the front end of the EK less "bulky looking" IMO.

two tone seriousy looks dirt. black bonnet black this black that jdm yO! is gay. its over now, it doesn't compliment a clean car, its too busy and well.. i dunno. just shit ay. it looks try hard and noob, everytime i see a car with a black hood and other multiple black shit..... i look down and don't bother looking at that car

get some money, and finish the job. nothing will look nice two toned with a green pearl, unless u wanna drive down the street and have everyone think ur a cheap **** and ur car looks like a peice of shit.

bear in mind SOME people may think its cool, from those select enthusiasts.. but u driving down the street like that, girls dont looks twice, they can't even tell its "two-toned" they just think its a piece of crap box u couldn't afford 2 spray.

i know you mod your car to your own liking, but u'd have to have some big pride to drive down the street attracting the wrong attention.

you sir, are a moron.

Member Array
    Car:
    YA!HONDA!
    Quote Originally Posted by YBJLS4 View Post
    two tone seriousy looks dirt. black bonnet black this black that jdm yO! is gay. its over now, it doesn't compliment a clean car, its too busy and well.. i dunno. just shit ay. it looks try hard and noob, everytime i see a car with a black hood and other multiple black shit..... i look down and don't bother looking at that car

get some money, and finish the job. nothing will look nice two toned with a green pearl, unless u wanna drive down the street and have everyone think ur a cheap **** and ur car looks like a peice of shit.

bear in mind SOME people may think its cool, from those select enthusiasts.. but u driving down the street like that, girls dont looks twice, they can't even tell its "two-toned" they just think its a piece of crap box u couldn't afford 2 spray.

i know you mod your car to your own liking, but u'd have to have some big pride to drive down the street attracting the wrong attention.

hey ozmetaldrummer, you should listen to this YBJS4 enthusiasts ^^^^. =) he knows what his talking about LOL!!!
    HAHA!!!
    Last edited by MrJohn; 22-02-2010 at 02:09 AM.
    EG4>CBR250RR>EM1>GOLF>AP1

Quote Originally Posted by I heart the SSS View Post
    you sir, are a moron.

i agree. two toned isn't appealing to me. I don't hate it as much as YBJLS4 does, but i do think it looks silly.

Would rather have a car all the same colour, or have a carbon bonnet instead of a black "wannabe carbon" one.

Member Array
    Car:
    b&w eh, blurple ek
    I've got a two-tone sedan at the moment, and to be honest i'm over it. It's been like that for about a year (white car, black bonnet, roof and boot) but i'm looking at respraying it in one colour again. Each to their own i guess, i don't hate the two-tone look and i love my sedan but i think it's time for something different, and at the time the spray job was for free so i couldn't say no.

Not sure what would work with green pearl, maybe gold???
    Life is like a box of chocolates
    It doesn't last as long for fat people

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Depends on the two-tone IMO. If you have some bullshit pink/yellow combo it might look crap, but my mate's EF8 is burgundy with a black bonnet which comes off really nice with his gun metal grey rims (somebody front-ended him and he had to get a new bonnet, only black available not really a homo).

Member Array
    Car:
    '90 Honda CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by I heart the SSS View Post
    you sir, are a moron.
    could not have said it better myself.

my 2c, i like both, if someone has a nice car and has completed the "JDM" look with black carbon bonnet, black roof, black boot, and a standard colour over the rest with black trimmings. TOTAL AWESOME.
    But i think also that one colour over the whole thing with black trimmings is also super hot. it really is each to his own, and i really dont think that this noobie (to the forum)'s comments are needed, hey buddy if you dont like it dont look. im sure it will not bother the person who owns the car that someone does not like it. hell it bothers me not that ppl dont like the CRX, but i have one and i love it. or that i had a red (faded to almost pink) ED civic before it. i loved the cars and ppl's opinions that didnt like it, i didnt care about. so maybe just in the interest of actually getting along with people in the forum, try not to piss them off before making friends.