Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    ok guys cheers ill have a look
    FIGJAM

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    just found a pattern in the overheating, the temp will slowly creep up at random.. i can smash on it for an hour straight and it wont do it or i can drive 3 hours on the highway and it wont do it it just comes randomly and out of nowere. but the temp creeps up not to redline but about to 3/4 and then instantly goes down to normal operating.. maybe it is the thermostat? although i did the boiling water trick and it opened up for me
    FIGJAM

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Sounds like thermostat - to be honest try and diagnose the problem before you start replacing things. Thats the most expensive way to diagnose a problem.

Does the temp rise while going along the highway then come down or is it only when your slow in traffic and the like??
    Honda Accord Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    ive seen it overheat on the highway and also in traffic and stuff aswell.. ive diagnosed it wasnt the fan or radiator or fan switch.. so its etiher the water pump or the thermostat.. i did test the thermostat with hot water but needed to replace anytway because it was stuck open a little bit
    FIGJAM

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Problem still arises? Could it be a air pocket somewhere in the sytem?
    Honda Accord Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    bled it a couple times... will see if the new thermo fixes is and sending back the wrong water pump on monday changed to a b18c one.. hopefulyl fixes everything
    FIGJAM

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EKC7
    SOunds like your havin as much fun as me..