Thread: OEM air box????

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000

Question OEM air box????

Hi people, installed the spoon air snorkel the other day....and i was doing a bit of reading online...and i notice alot of ppl gut out the internal wall of the airbox.....my question is...

Does it make a different??>....because when i had a look under the led of the oem airbox, there is a channel that direct air into the main air cabinet. so will gutting out the internal wall do anything extra at all????

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 s2000
    slightly better induction noise!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    well... 2 other mates and i ran each other a while back.. dead even.. we did it resently after the guttered airbox and i pulled from them about 1/2 to 1 car lengths from 2nd to 3rd..

besides gutting the air box, i used tape to block off the resenator.. the road was wet, they had better tyres.. there on 16's im on 18's.. so.. im guessing the snorkel and the gutting and taping off the box did make a difference.. oh and induction sound.. a lil bit

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Can't really compare it by dragging man lol. I mean first of it's 2 different drivers and if it were somehow possible for you to be driving exact same speed and same shifts at the same time, still gotta consider it's 2 different cars that have differences one might be running better then the other lol.

But gutting the airbox is defiantly a cheap and good mod! If anything it's better then some of the intakes available on the market.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    Oem intake, k&n filter, gutted with a spoon snorkle is one of the best options for legality, performance and non obnoxious sound. I recently switched back to oem from fipk and noticed no loss in power just a massive reduction in noise. Also heatsoak is gone.

and there is a complete spoon intake package up for sale too !