Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG/S2K

ITR B18C7 gearbox oil?

hey guys in the next week or so i will be getting my lightened flywheel and clutch installed, just wondering what oils are reccomended for a enthusiastic driver? At the moment im using castrol syntrax 75w90, noticed when it warms up gets a tad crunchy if you guys no what i mean....

any ideas on royal purple, redline, motul etc.??
    "SEX" Should Be Like V-TEC, The Whole Street Should Hear You Coming!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG/S2K
    Quote Originally Posted by [zeth] View Post
    use OEM mate
    nah mate used that before, had to be the worst by far!
    "SEX" Should Be Like V-TEC, The Whole Street Should Hear You Coming!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    bud was using RP MT oil in his b18c for a good year, tracked it a few times, drove hard all over the shop, various conditions, besides the hexy price, it did a good job
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

OEM only!!! (pretty much).

None of this motul / fully sick (not so) high performance stuff.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120538

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz GD
    Depends on what the gearbox characteristics are. I know the Renault boxes I was used to as a young bloke only took single grade 80w oil as any multigrade stuffed them within a week. Why? Who knows.
    Don't necessarily go OEM, just stick to the manufacturers recommended grades and if the shifts are not so good find out about higher performance oils then.
    redline is great but a little costly. Lucas additives are good for gearboxes too as is Nulon G70.

80w is way too heavy for a honda box.

They're designed to be used with oil that has similar weights to engine oil.

If oem didn't suit your box , then there is an issue that OTHER fluids were masking with thicker or additives. Oem is actually the best stuff for any Honda gearbox , short of a full blown race car and it's long hard working stresses.

Member Array
    Car:
    EGTWO
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    If oem didn't suit your box , then there is an issue that OTHER fluids were masking with thicker or additives. Oem is actually the best stuff for any Honda gearbox , short of a full blown race car and it's long hard working stresses.
    i always used oem in my ITR gearbox

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    i used OEM in my box and i tracked it twice without changing, still all good.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    Blown NHBP CL9
    OEM ftw.

i used redline once in an ITR lsd box and it blew after 20kms. Literally had an apple sized hole in the bottom and destroyed gear set. Nothing like a driveway covered in g/box oil for some fun.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EKC7
    a few ppl i hear use ATM in the itr box.... they say its a light oil with all the protective additives...