Thread: help on mod dc2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2

help on mod dc2

hey guys,
    got plans to mod my dc2 so far i got;
    a pod, exhaust, coilovers

and now want to rip out the rear seats, well everything from the back.
    is tis legal or can it b done legal?
    also want to put racing harnesses for the front. are they legal?

thanks maslo

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    My understanding is, if your car is registered to have 4 seats, then it is illegal to not have the 4 in. You can reregister it as a 2 seater, but that will involve compliance/engineering.

If you get a racing harness, make sure it's at least an approved one. I wouldn't put one in. If you had an accident it would be much harder to get out of the car. Not to mention every girl that gets in your car will think you're a retard.

Keep in mind the police can get you for anything. Even if you can prove later that everything was legal, you still wasted hours of your time doing so.

It's not worth the hassle in my own opinion. But each to their own!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2
    ohhz im not gonna b using it as a everydai car, just something for fun.
    does engineering cert cost alot?

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r,evo1,evo2
    even if its not you everyday car.. your still driving it n the roads.. its a massive hassle unless your leaving it as a track car but thats just my opinion

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Engineering does cost alot. I won't be able to quote you though. Wait for some of the more technical members - They might be able to help you more!

BTW you have the same car as me (year wise) =] but mines bone stock. Anyway good luck with your mods!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    Pod filter cover it.. its not defect, best way get a heat shield you'll be right.Exhaust depending on what kind n shit ...

Standard shifty.. engineering certificate is about $500

if your looking at legit i woudlnt know.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2
    ohh kools, got a cat back atm but gonna get
    a full exhaust 2.5" wif street style tip/ twin loop.
    yea ill prob cover teh pod coz cops game me shit bout it before.

and wat u recon would the gain b wif no seat ect in the back? worth or not worth doing.
    i also like the look.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    i beleive aslong as u got a cat its legal? but there is noise laws..
    Last edited by slimx; 28-02-2010 at 09:50 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    With the rear seats out, there will be minimal gains. But I don't know if its a placebo effect but it feels good (racy feeling). But if you think about it, you're only saving a few kilos - Kinda like having a full tank of petrol and a half full empty tank. Can you tell the difference?

I like the look too but only if it's clean! Remember, the carpet stops underneath your seats so you have to do something about that (e.g. remove all to match or add new carpet) unless you like having a random gap. Plus, you have to clean the hell out of all the gunk under the seat thats built up through the last 18 years of the cars life!

With the exhaust, there is a maximum of 89db reading from 1m I think. I just got defected end of last year at Rosehill (Parramatta area). They're notorious for cops driving around pulling up random cars (generally really old beat up cars and sports cars) and dragging them back to Rosehill carpark, then defecting them. They pulled me up and asked me to follow them. Followed them there and parked my car. They drove off and left me with the vehicle inspectors and a few other random cops. Waited about 10 min before they got to me (there were other cars there) and they immediately defected me for my 'loud' exhaust. They didn't even listen to it! They didn't start it. They didn't rev it. Nothing.

It ended up being legal, but it cost me $40 and time off work to get a db reading and certificate. So keep in mind they can defect you for anything and then it's up to you to prove that it's legal. Talk about guilty until proven innocent!
    Last edited by androo; 01-03-2010 at 06:18 AM. Reason: End of message got cut off

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2
    yea i know my exhaust is not legalm thats y im getting a new one coz i get pulled over every few weeks and bull shit my way out of it.

um if i rip out rear seat prob respray it. but dunno if im gonna do it now, have to get eng cert nad other bull shit.

prob just get bride front seats and maybe find black wif res sticking rear seats "the jdm ones".

any othe options to loose weight/ gain apart from ecu and cams. as taht my last thing

ohh and is it true rota rims r not strong?, ppl say they have gonned cracks in them

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    rear seats.. no point in taking out bro .. there very light. Usually Sedans got heavy rear seats but even then its nothing..

If your gona take it out chuck something good in place of it, like a few subwoofers in a nice custom box, maybe a NOS tank ? or Roller cage if u really want performance looks.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra Type R
    Id get a new ecu and get it tuned as my next mod if I were in ur shoes