Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R '03

[GD3] Cold Air Feed

Guys, I just bought a '03 VTi-S about 2 weeks ago.

Thinking about either getting CAI or SRI intake setup but then it got me thinking about cold air feed from the front bumper.

On the '03 model, there doesn't look like there are any place to make up a cold air feed for it, so just wondering any ideas or what you guys did?
    '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
    Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
    Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    GruppeM

I've seen u having a gruppem for ur dc5r and so I'm sure u know they're good LOL.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3//EK//CL9
    I just used the standard cold air feed on the jazz. its a small inlet but still works well. You'll need extra piping to extend it though.

I got a Simota SRI in my jazz and it works well with the cold air feed. Sounds louder too.
    Post Quality > Post Quantity
    Loving HID and LED installs! Feels free to ask me any questions
    Installs done to: Jazz's, Civic's, Euro's, Skyline's, Silvia's, Commodore's, Corolla's, Mazda's

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R '03
    Quote Originally Posted by stylzjhn View Post
    I just used the standard cold air feed on the jazz. its a small inlet but still works well. You'll need extra piping to extend it though.

I got a Simota SRI in my jazz and it works well with the cold air feed. Sounds louder too.
    That's what i meant, extent it to where? because i don't see any opening on the front bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Poeter View Post
    GruppeM

I've seen u having a gruppem for ur dc5r and so I'm sure u know they're good LOL.
    Who's this, you seem my DC5R? Do i know you? haha Yep they are awesome, but wondering if they perform as good on the Jazz. Looking at the J's Racing one. But i want to make a cold feed from the bumper to the filter area but i dont see any openning on the bumper which makes it possible...
    '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Euro Lux
    the only way to get cold air from the bumper is if you use a TODA intake which is for Manual only..

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by BusterSonic12 View Post

Who's this, you seem my DC5R? Do i know you? haha Yep they are awesome, but wondering if they perform as good on the Jazz. Looking at the J's Racing one. But i want to make a cold feed from the bumper to the filter area but i dont see any openning on the bumper which makes it possible...
    We've met once at Touge Tune when your friend brought his fn2 to install his gruppem intake.

J's Racing is a good choice and probably better than gruppem since it will have less heatsoak. I have a friend who has the j's racing intake and it's pretty good.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R '03
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyray View Post
    the only way to get cold air from the bumper is if you use a TODA intake which is for Manual only..
    Yep, mine's manual.

But i dont see any product available to the L15A Honda Fit on the Toda website tho. Do you have photos of it?

We've met once at Touge Tune when your friend brought his fn2 to install his gruppem intake.

J's Racing is a good choice and probably better than gruppem since it will have less heatsoak. I have a friend who has the j's racing intake and it's pretty good.
    Oh i see HAHA did your friend DIY any additional cold air feed from the bumper to the filter area of the j's racing intake?
    '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by BusterSonic12 View Post
    Yep, mine's manual.

Oh i see HAHA did your friend DIY any additional cold air feed from the bumper to the filter area of the j's racing intake?
    There were a few niggly things and a small nip of metal. It is possible that his one is supposed to be for 2005+ but he had a pre-facelift.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R '03
    There were a few niggly things and a small nip of metal. It is possible that his one is supposed to be for 2005+ but he had a pre-facelift.
    I have pre-facelift as well. So i don't see any opening on the front bumper for possible cold air feed
    '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    You can pull out your fog lights

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R '03