CU2 Honda Bluetooth

Hey Guys,

Just picked up a new CU2 from the dealer today. We had the car fitted with the Honda Bluetooth.

For some reason, the installation seems a dodgy.

On the face of the bluetooth module, there is a scratch where the controller sits (on the A pillar) and also when the calls comes through, only sound from the front left passenger speaker comes on. I am not sure if this is normal?

I am not sure if i should have a word with the dealer?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ45 View Post
    Hey Guys,

Just picked up a new CU2 from the dealer today. We had the car fitted with the Honda Bluetooth.

For some reason, the installation seems a dodgy.

On the face of the bluetooth module, there is a scratch where the controller sits (on the A pillar) and also when the calls comes through, only sound from the front left passenger speaker comes on. I am not sure if this is normal?

I am not sure if i should have a word with the dealer?
    Go back to the dealer and ask them to fix it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 Euro L - CU2
    Ditto, above, and soon before they 'forget' you!!

Member Array
    Car:
    SeeYou2
    You make it sound like they haven't forgotten him yet~!

As above, go back to dealer and get them to sort it out. Honda BT is the dodgiest ever. Apparently the dealer just rips off the a-pillar and installs the unit - so not fully integrated. Make sure you check that they fitted everything back properly after they rectify it.
    (づ ̄3 ̄)づ

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 Euro L - CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by nickxau View Post
    You make it sound like they haven't forgotten him yet~!
    LoL!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 Accord Euro Standard
    The scratch should be repaired by dealer at no cost to you. The sound comes out of the left side speaker on mine as well. So I think that is normal operation for this bluetooth setup from Honda.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by CU2 Euro 09 View Post
    The scratch should be repaired by dealer at no cost to you. The sound comes out of the left side speaker on mine as well. So I think that is normal operation for this bluetooth setup from Honda.
    Sounds like this is a cheapass Honda rebadged 3rd.party bluetooth kit.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    MY10 CU2 Lux Navi
    On mine, sound comes from small right speaker which is what its supposed to do i believe. Had the Honda dealer fit a non-honda BT, which they recommended (Honda make cars, not bluetooth!) works fairly well. But the mic wont stay stuck on...annoying even after had them fix it, probably didn't read the instructions on the superglue they used. Plus they are going to have to replace the cigarette lighter/ashtray compartment which doesn't sit properly-not sure if that was related to BT installation.

Thanks for the responses, I presume then the HOnda Bluetooth is supposed to only comes from 1 speaker... (quite disappointing)

I have emailed the dealer with pictures of the scratch... i'll see what happens

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY2010
    Mine only comes from left front speaker as well. I have no problems with that or the rest of the BT unit. It may be configured this way to reduce feedback into the microphone (located on the right A-pillar) and therfore improve sound quality to the receiver. Just a thought!!