Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee

Castor issues on my eg.

the castor on the the driver side front wheel is wayyy off the wheel sits really far back towards the driver where as the passenger side the wheel sits dead on in the centre i cant figure out what the issue is ive jacked the car up and looked underneath and the control arms and everything all appear to be straight and undamaged?
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

Built by Backyard Performance
    JDMyard / Autobarn Bankstown / Accurate Brake and Clutch Lidcombe / Performance Exhaust Northmead

a very very slight bend or dent in the UPPER control arm / chassis / lower control arm....can lead to a noticeable difference at the wheel end.

get a full front alignment and get them to test static and dynamic castor too.

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    ok thanks ben! can you even adjust stock castor arms? or do i need to get aftermarket ?
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

JDMyard / Autobarn Bankstown / Accurate Brake and Clutch Lidcombe / Performance Exhaust Northmead

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    whiteline has kits which allow you to adjust castor by a fair few degrees.
    from what i remember they cost approximately 50 bucks or so.

i was gonna purchase this kit until i realised that it was a longer bolt and a couple of washers(shims) for the lower control arm.

i suggest using a high tensile strength bolt of the same size and equivalent strength washers if the whiteline kit does not appeal to you.

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    well if he's got no modifications and the castor's off, getting a castor kit isn't really a fix, just a bandaid

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnY View Post
    well if he's got no modifications and the castor's off, getting a castor kit isn't really a fix, just a bandaid
    Very true. Like Benjamin said, have a wheel aligner do a complete front wheel alignment. after doing this it should be very easy in finding where your problem is.
    DR HONDA pit crew

Those kits that use spacers in between the arms put more stress on the back D bush and can lead to premature flogging out of the back D bush.
    Last edited by Cooker; 09-03-2010 at 07:45 PM.
    2011 W.A Super Sprint Champion Road Reg U2L
    Thanks to my freinds/sponsors Success Legal Lawyers for helping me do enough rounds to win and Zack at Cypher Industries for top class dyno tuning.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    I'm assuming you're referring to the bushing on the front lower control that bolts to the subframe. Yes that indeed will cause premature wear because the bush is forced out of its natural position in stationary form.

Member Array
    Car:
    Rachel & Renee
    yeah i dont really want a temporary bandaid i want the problem sorted i dont like cutting corners.
    Coup De Grace / Rachel

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    i'd have a punt that either your upper control arm or your lower control arm is bent, and on the off chance maybe your knuckle