Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Accord 8th Gen VTI vibration

Hi guys,

Just picked up new '09 accord VTI last wk. Great car, I love it a lot..However, when idling and aircon is turned on, I feel that the car shakes/vibrates a lot. I can really feel it. My previous car, Mazda3, was so quiet that you dont even know the engine is on. Surely the accord should be better that Mazda3 in terms of engine wise. I am not sure if it is just my car or is it normal? I was wondering if you guys with 8th accord VTI experiences similar issue?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord VTi 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gldsaucer View Post
    Hi guys,

Just picked up new '09 accord VTI last wk. Great car, I love it a lot..However, when idling and aircon is turned on, I feel that the car shakes/vibrates a lot. I can really feel it. My previous car, Mazda3, was so quiet that you dont even know the engine is on. Surely the accord should be better that Mazda3 in terms of engine wise. I am not sure if it is just my car or is it normal? I was wondering if you guys with 8th accord VTI experiences similar issue?
    I have come across the same. Also when you use the wiper, the noise is greater than that made by those windscreen cleaners at the traffic lights. Pretty 1980s.

Do you think this is normal for this car? Have you spoken Honda yet?

Anyone else experience the same thing?

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Accord 2.4
    smooth as in my 08 VTi
    but I'm used to the rough idle of my Forester, boxer engines are reknowned for this

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Honda Accord
    Yep on my it's the same. Especially when you're at the traffic lights and the air-con is on. Shake is primarily felt through the steering wheel. The whole car seems a lot louder with the aircon, pretty reminiscent of those VX commodores but not as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shpox View Post
    Yep on my it's the same. Especially when you're at the traffic lights and the air-con is on. Shake is primarily felt through the steering wheel. The whole car seems a lot louder with the aircon, pretty reminiscent of those VX commodores but not as bad.
    I just went for a drive this morning. A cold morning. It does not seem to vibrate as much as in an afternoon or hod days. Its pretty smooth actually. I am going in to a dealer this wk to try to replicate the problem..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord
    Every car that I have owned have experienced an increase in vibration/noise when the aircon is turned on. I think this is normal as the car needs to work harder when the compressor is on. Very similiar to the aircon unit at home. I use the aircon quite a lot and it seems pretty normal in my Accord. However, it shouldn't be as noisy or vibrate as much as the first initial startup of the car, which I find quite loud.

I can understand the car vibrates a little when air con it turned on..But when the aircon is not on, the car do vibrate as if it is going to stall or choked on something somewhere in the engine..

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Accord 2.4
    have you done any mods to the car|?

nope..stock standard..Its only 10 days old..done 270Km.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord
    If it vibrates that much to concern you, I'd take it straight to the dealer and get them to take a look at it. Better to find out the problem earlier rather than later.