Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ep3r vs fd1

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic vti-l

ep3r vs fd1

hey guys i've been thinking to change my fd1 to ep3. Do anybody know what is the common problems with ep3r? what will you choose? change to ep3r or stick with fd?
    i know this question sounds stupid but i'm just wondering what other ppl thing. because i like how the fd looks but i don't like the engine of the 1.8 where else ep3 i like the hatch look and i love the k20a.

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    When they designed the FD1 they were more pushing for an everyday daily for the average joe so performance wise it really isn't comparable to something like the EP3 which comes in the JDM model with performance and tracking in mind when being built, in saying that performance wise the EP3 will be far more superior in all aspects to the FD1 even the FD2. Sedan -> hatch will be your personal preference don't think anyone on here can tell you which is better exterior wise rather than share their own opinions on the 2 but in the end whatever floats your boat in terms of shape, body, aesthetics you should probably go for.

Resale wise the Type R won't depreciate as much as any 8th gen civic and it will probably be a lot easier to sell, hell even FN2R prices these days are coming rather close to EP3 prices, in a few years any FD1 will feel depreciation hit and maybe quite heavy so this might be a good factor for you to consider if you are really thinking of the change.

The EP3 is quite solid as is any Honda take care of it and it will take care of you, it does have the common steering rack issue but can be fixed up quite easily, search it up and you will probably find plenty of DIY.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    apples and oranges...
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

shopping kart vs shopping kart with speed feels added on

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    ep3 engine mounts are a typical problem

Member Array
    Car:
    Bagged FD Civic
    FD2+supercharge no worries mate (Y)

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1
    EP3 > FD1, even tho i own a FD Performance wise on an FD is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Civic fd_1993 View Post
    hey guys i've been thinking to change my fd1 to ep3. Do anybody know what is the common problems with ep3r? what will you choose? change to ep3r or stick with fd?
    i know this question sounds stupid but i'm just wondering what other ppl thing. because i like how the fd looks but i don't like the engine of the 1.8 where else ep3 i like the hatch look and i love the k20a.
    EP3R for people that want louder VTEC and the scenery to move a little faster than normal...

FD1 for the masses that don't care about performance cause it's got none...

Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1
    stu plz, always w2fite pplz

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    i think the civic is the best car to choose out of the two
    Dc2r and em1 only good if you work at McDonald's, s2k good for order food in McDonald's
    deal with it m8

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic vti-l
    Yaaa but right now i got the civic fd.. I've been thingking to change to ep3 for 6 months. Hahahaha.. I wish oz have fd2r so i can get both the k20a plus the newer exterior. Lol

I'll give you my FD2 Sports with the K20z and everything in it for an EP3! Lol