Thread: Door wont open?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R, FN2, CL9 LUX

Door wont open?

hi guys,

i recently purchased a euro - cl9 (great car ) but i am having trouble opening the rear passenger left door.

at first i thought it was child lock, cos i couldnt open it from the inside, but i tried opening from inside and out, but no luck.

the lock unlocks from the key and from the drivers buttons, so its not that.

im leaning towards some mechanism inside the door handles that may have stuffed up?

any ideas?

thanks in advance
    Last edited by kendc5r; 05-03-2010 at 08:38 PM. Reason: adding car model

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Sometimes doors can be stuck because of the rubber sealing being heated on the metal on a hot day.

Did you try pulling the door all hard out?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 Accord Euro Standard
    Did you open all the doors when you inspected it? If they worked then you should have some recourse. Doors should just open. Who we kidding here??
    Doors just open, they shouldn't not open! Has the car been in a crash?
    Last edited by CU2 Euro 09; 05-03-2010 at 10:39 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 CL9 5 AT lux nav
    I had almost exactly the same problem on the same door although it could be opened from the outside. At first suspected child lock issue..but dealer repair under warranty suggested that it was probably during installation of tinting that door was incorrectly reassembled..not uncommon for tint installation to cause issues with trim apparently. I think mine was a business lease car that probably never had a rear seat passenger in its entire life. Easily fixed but no idea of how or how much if not warranty.

Member Array
    common problem. its a faulty acctuator. theres heaps of threads on it. search

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R, FN2, CL9 LUX
    thanks for replies guys.

Sometimes doors can be stuck because of the rubber sealing being heated on the metal on a hot day.

Did you try pulling the door all hard out?
    yeah, tried pulling from inside and out, no luck.

Did you open all the doors when you inspected it? If they worked then you should have some recourse. Doors should just open. Who we kidding here??
    Doors just open, they shouldn't not open! Has the car been in a crash?
    car has not been in any accident, and yes i agree, they should just open lol

as for rayd and cbol55 comments, will definitely look into that, that sounds more like it. hopefully wont cost an arm and a leg to get this rectified.

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by kendc5r View Post
    thanks for replies guys.

yeah, tried pulling from inside and out, no luck.

car has not been in any accident, and yes i agree, they should just open lol

as for rayd and cbol55 comments, will definitely look into that, that sounds more like it. hopefully wont cost an arm and a leg to get this rectified.
    should be ok,

heres the part, http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HONDA-ACCORD-...#ht_684wt_1167

it can be replaced urself if your cluey in puzzles lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R, FN2, CL9 LUX
    thanks for the link rayd.

quick question tho, is the actuator side and front/back specific?

so i will need to order rear left actuator i assume?

thanks in advance

will be ordering one soon