Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spoon CR-Z

Now i like that.
    Very nice Yonas.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 mother****er
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    Wrong, how on earth is hybrid going to beat the FT86..
    electric motors have a shitload of torque man, and the torque is much more constant then an ICE. the CR-ZR i rekon MAY be able to compete...

but i was more talking in terms of the likeness between the two models. theyre both small, light fastback-style performance cars.

and hybrids arent neceserily slow, just the hybrid systems in the prius and the civic hybrid etc. werent designed for speed.

consider if the d16 was the only motor you'd seen, you probably would laugh at me if i said a 1.6L motor could produce 136kw stock

there are rumors the crzr may produce up to 200hp, which will surely blow away the 146hp boxer in the ft86...unless that is...the subie version is boosted, but then its like comparing the imprezza gx to the sti...
    Last edited by redefine; 26-03-2010 at 11:28 AM.
    THAT SHIT WAS BANANAS

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    just looking at the UK-Honda website and the stock CR-Z's power, torque and weight are similar to a stock EG5 LOL.. so there is still hope in the long term.. plus if an L-series and IMA fits under the hood, a K20 will easilly move in and then rip out the battery bank and it probably weighs around 1,000kgs..

Member Array
    0-100 in 9-10 seconds is slow guys..

That's what the stock CR-Z does it in.

Having said that I love the look of it, I just hope it isn't over priced.

there is a spoon fit too guys - so dont expect wonders from this project

Its a promo vehicle to sell spoon parts to this new gen. hatchback thats it.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by redefine View Post
    electric motors have a shitload of torque man, and the torque is much more constant then an ICE. the CR-ZR i rekon MAY be able to compete...

but i was more talking in terms of the likeness between the two models. theyre both small, light fastback-style performance cars.

and hybrids arent neceserily slow, just the hybrid systems in the prius and the civic hybrid etc. werent designed for speed.

consider if the d16 was the only motor you'd seen, you probably would laugh at me if i said a 1.6L motor could produce 136kw stock

there are rumors the crzr may produce up to 200hp, which will surely blow away the 146hp boxer in the ft86...unless that is...the subie version is boosted, but then its like comparing the imprezza gx to the sti...
    Electric motors dont so much ahve a shitload, it's more like an extremely consistent torque, which is 'robotic' compared to our gasoline engines. The CRZR will be a pwnage car, because compared to other 'ricers' it'll have heaps of RPM torque, and not need to be thrashed to 6000 RPM to move.

That's the thing too, I don't know much about the FT86, but the crz is totally different: its about being 'new technology', whereas the FT86 isn't. Honda is trying to change the whole image of hybrid/hybrid owners being actually 'cool' as opposed to their fart-smeller fag-poof sterotype

and i think it will be very, very overpriced for a Honda.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    this is the era of hot hatches

sure k20 will be in soon..

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 mother****er
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    Electric motors dont so much ahve a shitload, it's more like an extremely consistent torque, which is 'robotic' compared to our gasoline engines. The CRZR will be a pwnage car, because compared to other 'ricers' it'll have heaps of RPM torque, and not need to be thrashed to 6000 RPM to move.

That's the thing too, I don't know much about the FT86, but the crz is totally different: its about being 'new technology', whereas the FT86 isn't. Honda is trying to change the whole image of hybrid/hybrid owners being actually 'cool' as opposed to their fart-smeller fag-poof sterotype

and i think it will be very, very overpriced for a Honda.
    im not trying to say they use the same technology,. just that theyre two different approaches to the same idea. that idea being small light fastback performance car. i know the stock crz isnt fast, but the crz-r could be a serious contender
    THAT SHIT WAS BANANAS