Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic coupe ex

.:D16Z6:. engine/suspension set

Whatsup guys ?!
    What do you thing about this set ?
    I got a friend who bought those parts and will assemble it next month. I entend to do the same but first I need buy the parts in Australia when I get there (end of May). So later on, when I come back here I'll do the same, hope it results in horse power and b16 killer .

I have some friends who assembled just the p29, DSM Injectors 450cc
    and Walbro 255 (to ride with alcohool wich is better than brasilian gasoline) and MSD system. and got an amazing result ...

Lets to my plan :

HEAD:
    -Supertec black nitrated valves (STD)
    -Supertec ti springs/retainers
    -Supertec Bronze valve guides
    -Zex comp cams stage 2
    -Skunk2 Pro series Cam Gear
    -ARP head bolts
    -skunk2 intake
    -dc 4-1 header

Crankcase:
    -p29 high dome pistos
    -ARP rods

Others:
    -MSD external coil
    -MSD spark Plugs cables
    -MSD rotor
    -MSD pro cap
    -NGK iridium spark plugs
    -fidanza flywheel 7.5 lbs
    -DSM Injectors 450cc
    -Walbro 255
    -Silicon Hoses

Suspension:

-KYB AGX shocks
    -Tein green springs
    -buddyclub camber kit
    -Energy bushing kit

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Z6 is pretty much a Y1, so personally I would choose not to spend so much money on a SOHC VTEC D-series. I'd go B, all factors and rationale point towards that IMO.

If you want power from a Y1/Z6 or Y4, Y8 etc. just boost it or else you'll get SFA from it for your $$$

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic coupe ex
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Z6 is pretty much a Y1, so personally I would choose not to spend so much money on a SOHC VTEC D-series. I'd go B, all factors and rationale point towards that IMO.

If you want power from a Y1/Z6 or Y4, Y8 etc. just boost it or else you'll get SFA from it for your $$$
    I agree with you but here in brasil is kind of expencive to swap engines hahaha there are some ej1 with b16 but is rare and in the end you sepnd too much money for a few results.... I was thinking about turbo but i`m not cool about going to mechanic once a week and besides alcohol is cheapest and better than regular gasoline and it demands high compression, thats why the pistons, walbro and injectors, .....

The truth is ;If I win of a good stock B16A3 in 200m, I`m happy. Then If i stay more time in aus I`ll think about a b18 or K series... Hope i get enough money for that haha
    I`m getting there in the end of May to work in a company untill the end of year.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Ah, didn't realise you were in Brasil. Go for it man. I do love the D-series and they're cool builds because they're different

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic coupe ex
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Ah, didn't realise you were in Brasil. Go for it man. I do love the D-series and they're cool builds because they're different
    haha thanks man, Unfortnetly k series is too big for an ej1... there is a 99 civic here wich engine swaped for a k20, but looks like a jeep or else the engine would kick on the floor while passing through the holes and imperfections on the streets (ride here looks like riding on rally, yeah, it sucks).

Do you guys have many mechanics who tune hondas ? here in brazil its not popular doing that, in my city (the biggest of country) has just a few of them, right now i jus cant remember twoo of them and one closed his garage 2 years ago... The last one has a little garage full of hondas... there are no space for them, so many cars stays parked on the streets waiting for service... it sucks...
    besides anything is expensive, even a civic 95 vti costs something like US$10K.
    (but remember, we make money in our coin called Real wich value is half than US dollar)

So in the Honda dealers, majority of parts (stock)for our old hondas need be imported from japan. So a front lip in honda dealer would cost US$200,00. So every parts we prefer to import from US wich is "cheaper" and for performance. When a engine brakes, we do that. The problem is; it takes so long to get here and when it gets (with no looky) we have to pay many taxes for the govern.
    The new honda models (96-ahead)are built here but we got just the regular sedans (no nsx, no s2k, no coupes, nothing better than 140hp Vtec, except for the new Si wich costs something around US$50K) The old (92~95) coupes and hatchs and preludes and crx were imported from japan, canada and US. But them are rare here, so i dont remember the last time i saw a 94 coupe in the street... its really rare i think ek4 is the most rare. but anyways here are some stock parts that we can use from the d16y8 or something that is built here... that one is not that expencive ex 96 civic radiator. but its not all parts that fits.

Govern here sucks... 30% of our year salary we need pay for the govern, so we receive salary monthly and for each month part of the money is deduced... everything is expencive except for food. A 2005 325i costs between USR$40k~50K (AND REMEMBER, we make money in "Reals" wich is the half value of US$).... Life here sucks sometimes... thanks god we have hot girls to make us forget those stuffs hahaha
    Last edited by emerson_afs; 14-03-2010 at 12:53 AM.