Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra type r dc5

Didnt pass Roadworthy bc of exhaust! what are the options??

Hi guys i bought a Black Honda integra type r dc5 last week, it came with wheels and 2.5 inch exhaust system from the cat back. It has the big canon on the end.

Went to get a roadworthy today and it got knocked back by about 5 different shops.

Its loud but not that loud.

What are my options to queiten it down.

And also does vtec sound better when you have a cold air intake and a exhaust or does it sound better with just the cold air intake.

I will be buying the injen air intake in 10 days time.

Your thoughts please thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by aimen View Post
    Hi guys i bought a Black Honda integra type r dc5 last week, it came with wheels and 2.5 inch exhaust system from the cat back. It has the big canon on the end.

Went to get a roadworthy today and it got knocked back by about 5 different shops.

Its loud but not that loud.

What are my options to queiten it down.

And also does vtec sound better when you have a cold air intake and a exhaust or does it sound better with just the cold air intake.

I will be buying the injen air intake in 10 days time.

Your thoughts please thanks.

Ah thats a fkn joke.
    There never mean't to test how loud your exhaust is.
    THEY are to TEST the roadworthyness of the car not how bloody loud the exhaust is.

Take it to other bloody mechanics and tell them to focus on the the itself and to not worry about the exhaust as a Roadworthy only checks the car and not the BLOODY exhaust. Exhausts are to do with the EPA and as mechanics (MOST are not testers) should not be knocking you back for exhaust noise.

If located in Melbourne, PM me.. Ill send you to my mechanic who does Roadworthies properly and won't stinge you.

Cheers.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra type r dc5
    I know what you mean and i agree 100%,

but they all said, if i give you a roadworthy and a cop car or epa drive past and hear it and see that a roadworthy just got done on the vehicle they will loose there licenses.

really upset it suc*s

dont know what to do........

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra type r dc5
    yer im in melbourne im in reservoir area.

yer im in melbourne im in reservoir area.
    Ill give you my mechanic.
    Ill speak to him prior you going there to confirm what i just said and then ill tell you the full details when to go.
    That cool??

Btw if he knocks you back for various other reasons thats because he's doing hois job properly but as i said, an exhaust shouldn't matter.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra type r dc5
    sweet what area he in?

Member Array
    Car:
    EB2
    if you'd tried 5 different shops and have no further luck, try to grab a stock exhaust off this forum or wreckers. maybe even an stock or quieter axle back and have it fitted so you can interchange them when its due for you know what. cannons do tend to be rather loud and attract a bit of attention..

sweet what area he in?
    Alphington.
    Only open during the week though mate.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra type r dc5
    needs to be transferred into my name by tuesday or 9 months of reg gets cancelled.
    Ive left teh car with my bro he just rang me his mate has a exhaust place, basically his mate said its the cannon making the loud noise so hes taken it off and put the quietest muffler he had was $210 but charged me $150.

My bro also said it looked nasty with the skinny little tip hanging off it so he threw on a big round double skinned stainless steel exhaust tip was $120 got it for $80.

So all up payed $250.

What i have now is the same look with 2.5 inch from the cat back to muffler. But heaps more quieter being told it sounds as a stock one would sound.

Once i get the roadworthy do you think i should put the cannon back on????????

would it sound better with the cannon and an injen cold air intake OR would it sound better with the muffler and an injen cold air intake??????

your thoughts thanksssss

Member Array
    Car:
    EB2
    as far as i know intake and exhaust noises dont affect each other soundwise?

you'd be getting two different noises from front and back thats all. some people prefer the sound of their intake over their exhaust, some people vice versa or neither.

if you just want to be loud all over, get the injen with your cannon back on

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Just bang in a shit silencer for the roady then take it out when its done.
    Honda Accord Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    just get dodgy rwc....$100 too easy~