Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic

Civic 92 EG HID kit installation

I'm buying a HID kit very soon, but i don't want to pay so much getting it fitted at the mechanics Can anyone post a HID kit installation for EG please?

Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Hey man where are you? I'm in North Parramatta. If you come past we'll do it together! No charge of course! I just did my Integra and I was pretty daunted at the start so I know how you feel. After you do it once you realise how easy it is! I did two of my mates cars as well.

PM me if you want to head over!

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Quote Originally Posted by androo View Post
    Hey man where are you? I'm in North Parramatta. If you come past we'll do it together! No charge of course! I just did my Integra and I was pretty daunted at the start so I know how you feel. After you do it once you realise how easy it is! I did two of my mates cars as well.

PM me if you want to head over!
    This is what OzHonda is all about!!!!!!!!!!
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic
    OMG thank you so much Androo, if it wasn't you... i probably have to pay $50~$80 to get it done at the mechanics..

I have the HID kit now, so check ur PM please!! i will go to North Parra!!

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    All done guys! Aaron's a nice guy. Nice Civic dude.

Good luck! Let me know if things go bad for some reason!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    Between the two of you did a DIY article get written?
    That would benefit the users not in your area

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    A slow HONDA
    haha sounds a bit fishy here....post up a article now please

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Hiace
    Quote Originally Posted by I.M.I View Post
    haha sounds a bit fishy here....post up a article now please
    lmao, i bet there was more bumsecks than HID installing :P

should have made a DIY too guys!
    its pretty straight forward though, hopefully you's did well

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Sedan
    Will be making a DIY this weekend, as i installed them last weekend on ekcoupes ej6, have pics and all, although i must say, once you have it figured out, it's not hard

PS. anyone in northen nsw or south east qld (roughly tweed to brisbane) need help installing HID's, dont be affraid to send me a pm
    Last edited by m.o.d.aus; 31-03-2010 at 10:17 AM.
    Not putting miles on your built cars is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Hey guys sorry I haven't replied. Sorry we forgot to make a DIY however I'll do one for my kit this weekend. I'll take it apart and re do it and make a DIY for everyone. Unless m.o.d.aus has the same kit?

m.o.d.aus which kit did you buy? I bought mine from VVME online, and civic_ bought his from ebay, and installation was similar, but quite a bit different. e.g. I only have one earth wire, and he had one for each ballast.

If yours is the same then I'll let you do it lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Sedan
    The kit i installed was from ebay, and had a grounding wire for each ballast.
    How different was your kit from civic_ ? If it was exceedingly different, then i dare say it wouldnt harm anyone for both of us to do a write up, and just name the titles accordingly
    Not putting miles on your built cars is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Yeh it was fairly different. Myself and my friends bought ours from the same place so when I saw civic_'s one I had to refer to the instruction manual again lol

I'll write one up. I think mine's a bit more complicated. There's some wires I have no idea what they're there for but they do stuff when I connect them LOL

civic_'s one was easier to install after I got my head around it. Much more straight forward.

Quick question for everyone... Does anyone's HID's look slightly different colour from eachother? That being, the left and the right on the same car?

Both mine and civic_ are, and so are my friend's ones. I was told that it is because they are at slightly different angles and therefore they can appear slightly different.

For me, I can understand the logic, and that the HID's are much brighter and are a much more defined colour than the standard yellow bulbs, however is this correct?

Anyways you guys can expect a DIY on the weekend!