Thread: 7th Gen Sedan

7th Gen Sedan

Hi guys,

Looking at getting a 7th Gen sedan civic shortly, just wanted to know if there is any common problems with it? Not much info on the web regarding these models.

Help appreciated!

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    not much really, fairly basic sort of car, not a lot of parts for mods, good as a daily

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    YEP the 7th gen was very basic to be sold cheap. a very good daily car as it had a decent size boot and ok sized cabin.

mechanical wise it runs great, ive had mine since 05 and never had a problem, and can get 550km out of a tank driving conservatively when boosting i still get close to 470km.
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

i've owned both the sedan and hatch 7th gens and they are/were both great cars to drive. i find my hatch is more fuel efficient than the sedan was although mine was auto, and i now have a manual. mods are a little harder to find, but you can always go to ebay US or the DC5/EP3 also have a few interchangeable parts between them.

no real problems that i can remember, except for a noisy belt - i think it was alternator - when cold start in the morning. other than, i had no problems whatsoever with either car. good luck hunting! there's a 7th gen thread also buried somewhere in the 2001+ civic section if you want to have a good read, and learn a little more about them.
    d e e p S i x [d6]™