Page 229 of 239 FirstFirst ... 129179219226227228229230231232 ... LastLast
Results 2,737 to 2,748 of 2857
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    Shifter is fine. My previous car was an s2k and I've quickly got used to this

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    doosra do you regret going to the ep3r from the s2k?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    Not at all. The reason I sold my s2k initially was because I needed a hard top as I was going to park the car at the station, however I found out that the fuel consumption is really good on the ep3 as well so now I drive to work. The ep3 has enough power and I've always liked the look of an ep3 and wanted something new to excite me again.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    s2k and civic R's are both 2 different types of cars coming from owning a s2k and ep3.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    and which one would u rather if u dont mind me asking =P

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    Quote Originally Posted by black8thgen View Post
    and which one would u rather if u dont mind me asking =P
    Like I said before they are both 2 different cars each has it's good and bad points sorry I honestly can't say this is better than the other if that makes sense.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 Civic TypeR
    Quote Originally Posted by black8thgen View Post
    actually im in the market for an s2k mainly, but they are proving almost impossible to find (not totalled/trashed/20"chromies/over-priced). and i am considering getting an ep3r, fn2r, or dc5r/s as a means of learning how to drive manual properly before i take on a RWD manual without a long history of manual experience (dont really want to end up in a pole or upside down as many have)

Thats flawed thinking. With some years of experience you can drive a FWD or AWD car balls out quite easily and not get into trouble - try that in a RWD car with the same HP and you are likely to end up heading up the road sideways and backwards. Ive had Hondas for over 10 years as my daily drive cars (Modified Mazda RX3 and RX7's my fun cars) and in a FWD car in the dry you can easily get away with stupid stuff like pegging it around roundabouts and corners at 60-70km while the tyres are screaming and trying to climb off the wheels, if you even attempted to do that in a RWD car you would just spin out unless you knew exactly what you were doing and had enough HP for a controlled slide/drift.

A lower powered RWD car would be a far better learning step, either that or some control of the right foot.
    2002 - Honda Civic Type R
    1973 - Mazda RX3 Coupe
    "rotor for life"

Just to add

Easily the easiest cars to drive are FWD based.
    Very neutral and controllable and safer limits compared to awd and rwd of the same
    Power to weight ratio.

Ep3 is a great car to master - Gl !

word of advice

dont do what onecoop said about 70kph corners rolling on 215/35r18 unless your Tsuchiya. in fact dont run 18s at all.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    i wasnt planning on doing such acts dont worry lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 Civic TypeR
    I wasnt suggesting that at all - it requires some real skill to tackle corners fast and safely and those skills you learn on the racetrack not the road.

My point was dont think that learning to drive a FWD Manual will make you a good driver of a RWD Car as they are just not forgiving, especially when the pressure is on or things go a little wrong.
    2002 - Honda Civic Type R
    1973 - Mazda RX3 Coupe
    "rotor for life"

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Just get a bicycle! They're RWD!
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE