Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HID kits

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD

HID kits

How can u tell .. which ones are good for their price and which ones aren't?

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    *moved*

Member Array
    Car:
    pogo stick

Pics are 30-50kb ea, wont hurt 56kers too much

Hi, i have a 4th Gen Lude and a HID kit that i purchased of ebay (8000K (Kelvin)) and i believe what i purchased them for is quite a good dea (you cant go wrong for $335inc shipping).
    Link to the same set as mine: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....510507673&rd=1

The set i got was H4 Low with some crappy blue light that i have removed becuase it would not scatter light correctly. So i will be using H4 low and H1 normal globe for High.

Here is a comparisson between some 110/130 normal globes and HID

As you can see in the picture, there is no blue globe and there is too much light for the camera to handle

Numerous people say this brand is crap, but i dont know why.. Maybe becuase they want to sell a more expensive brands. As you can see these are very good lights and for the price its a good deal. After i pay off my debts i will investigate further into HID and purchase the more expensive brands and see which are better but for now they are very good.
    Last edited by !JonZap!; 10-12-2004 at 04:00 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    yeah it looks pretty good...

Im looking into getting a set for my 5th Gen Prelude.. however I have some brightness issue on one side of my headlight.. and assuming I get any HID kit.. this will still be the same afterwards??

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    I've been offered 6000K hi and low kit H4, the brand is sanyatechnica, a japanese brand, for about 450 AUD, is that any good guys?

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1, JAZZ, ITR, EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by luzinit
    I've been offered 6000K hi and low kit H4, the brand is sanyatechnica, a japanese brand, for about 450 AUD, is that any good guys?
    Are you sure $450 Japan brand??

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    ok... what should we be looking out for.. jap brands... korean or german etc?

german!

Disabled Array
    Car:
    FS:DC2R
    jap or german. wouldnt bother touching korean. i base my statement on quality wise.

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    ok.. which brands for german or jap them.. as I dont see many around.. just alot of Korean stuff...

So this would be a no no then?

http://www.topspec.com.au/prod66.htm

Member Array
    Car:
    civic
    does any of u have problems with hooking up the HIDs? ive heard that the Earthing switches over in the hondas and mitsubishis. so some kits dont work..or u need to make a relay system of some sort..help?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000, Jazz, Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by flyhonda
    does any of u have problems with hooking up the HIDs? ive heard that the Earthing switches over in the hondas and mitsubishis. so some kits dont work..or u need to make a relay system of some sort..help?
    the H4 is not easy to install, some times u need to rewire it and it may also need a diode to relay it. Not recommand DIY for H4.

China, the land of where copys of everything are made.
    When I went there for holiday I even saw copy Benz, Daihatsu, Suzuki, Mitsubishi and even the current CRV's as ones sold by Honda lol.
    u name it they can copy it.