Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 89superstage View Post
    Hi Limelong,
    Do you crank your music (volume) up while in the car to the max or near, or use moderate volume, generally?
    and also how did you realize your speakers were blown?
    With so many in there, I'm afraid I may miss one, unless I put my ear to each one......
    LOL! seriously you will be able to tell when one of the speaker is dead. I thought I have in-sensitive ears as well, but when one of the speaker on my CU2 dead last time, I can tell straight away...

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by 89superstage View Post
    Hi Limelong,
    Do you crank your music (volume) up while in the car to the max or near, or use moderate volume, generally?
    and also how did you realize your speakers were blown?
    With so many in there, I'm afraid I may miss one, unless I put my ear to each one......
    I listen to music at level 9/10. I have never gone above level 12 for listening to music. Here lies the intrigue, it must be really poor quality speaker to have it blown at such low level.

When a speaker is blown, it is fairly obvious to detect. A good test is to play a CD with lot of bass, you can hear the broken sound immediately. You could also have your ear close to the speaker to hear the broken sound.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 Euro L - CU2
    I'll take your word for it Denot, it would be a challenge crawling around the back listening to each one, ha ha...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 Euro L - CU2
    Cheers Lim.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    I had my speakers changed twice, on the third run it blew again, so i've changed all speakers with focal polyglass coaxs (all the doors and rear parcel shelf). Also i have sound deadened the rear parcel.
    you can crank bass up to +6 and have it loud, no more distortion and much better clarity. Its worth it. Just to let you guys know, its a heck of a job!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    I am happy with the 6 stack CD system in my Base model Euro CU2
    Does anyone knows which company makes the sound system/speakers for the CU2.. Such as Pioneer, sony...

Thanks

I believe that it is a Panasonic system of some sort.
    Quote Originally Posted by praja6 View Post
    I am happy with the 6 stack CD system in my Base model Euro CU2
    Does anyone knows which company makes the sound system/speakers for the CU2.. Such as Pioneer, sony...

Thanks

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintJapan View Post
    I had my speakers changed twice, on the third run it blew again, so i've changed all speakers with focal polyglass coaxs (all the doors and rear parcel shelf). Also i have sound deadened the rear parcel.
    you can crank bass up to +6 and have it loud, no more distortion and much better clarity. Its worth it. Just to let you guys know, its a heck of a job!!
    I admire your courage to change all speakers to another brand

For me I am holding Honda liable for the defect at least within the warranty period. After all I paid good money for a top of line model which is close to an entry level premium space.

The sound put out by the Panasonic sound system/speakers is actually quite good. In fact the US TSX which has the surround ELS system has won many awards beating the Mark Levinston system in Lexus. Pity the speakers are so poorly made.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilan View Post
    I believe that it is a Panasonic system of some sort.
    Ah panasonic... How did you find out its panasonic, does it say anywhere...hmmm at my home most home entertainment systems are panasonic including plasma, home theatre etc etc...Its a reliable and not bad unit..but panasonic is not that best for sound compare with bose..I read in mazda luxuary model 6 comes with Bose premium sound system...WHy can't honda put Bose one.....

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    the yanks say the speakers are alpine.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

the speakers n sub are alpine, the HU is panasonic

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 Euro L - CU2
    Hi again,
    Does anyone know if the stock CU2 MY08 audio systems can be fitted with a USB connector? Does the unit allow it or have the necessary ports/plugs? what I'm after is playing music off a flash drive. Not too keen on spending (NZ)$400+ getting Honda to do it.

Thanks
    Des