View Poll Results: How do you rate the quality of XForce headers?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

3 10.34%
  • Good

4 13.79%
  • Average

18 62.07%
  • Bad

3 10.34%
  • Poor

1 3.45%
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9

XForce headers - good or bad?

I've heard differing opinions on the quality/gains of XForce headers.

A lot of people say they're 'bang for buck' in this aspect whereas a few others think they're crap and make you lose power.

What do you guys think? I need a set of 4-2-1's for a B18B, 2.25" minimum or 60mm max, and the budget isn't huge.

Personal experiences and advice welcome.
    Ta,
    Andy.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EKC7
    i have a set of the mild steel x-force headers.. im happy with them but i am going to upgrade to the stainless 4-2-1 as yes they are cheap and and still help make good gains in power.. i gues it depends how far you want to go.. i have a mate who has pretty much the same setup as me. (B18C7, same intake, same exhaust but he has either toda or spoon headers and he has 5hp atw more than i do run on the same dyno same day 10min apart.. we even used his tires to make it as close as posible.. i think fuel was the onhly diff i used vpower he used optimax..

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Yeah, well if he's only 5HP up using a big-name brand like that, and you only have mild steel ones, then that sounds pretty good. And the budget sure won't accommodate for either Toda or Spoon <lol>

Anybody else?

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    bang for buck i'v got the stainless steal ones nice looking but one piece headers are better. the xforce on's are two piece 4-2-1 my setup.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Yeah, well if he's only 5HP up using a big-name brand like that, and you only have mild steel ones, then that sounds pretty good. And the budget sure won't accommodate for either Toda or Spoon <lol>

Anybody else?
    Also consider the condition of the engine, too much lowering(extreme driveshaft angles - power loss), power band

yeah the big brand name only makes 5hp more up top, but throughout the rev range it'll also make more power. 5hp here, 5hp there and another 5hp there. That's alot of hp.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    blabla: Thanks for your comment

MM89: Engine is top notch. It's a '98 model and has done about 113k KMs. Sits on King Lows (not supers hehe).
    And yeah because it's the non-VTEC I want my brother to get 4-2-1, not to mention it's a daily driver so they're more suitable.

Keep commenting please guys

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    Totally agree with MM89.. the toda's provide gains throughout the entire rev..

You cant just compare top power output, especially if the car is daily driven i rkn.

But from what i read, any aftermarket header is better then the b series ones. apart from jdm 4-1 of course.
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EKC7
    his engine had done between 3 to 8k more than mine...as for mid power gains 3kw is all we seen.. but yes up top was 5 kw.. at about 4k funny enough the xforce had 1kw more....

but yes bang for buck id be goin with the xforce..

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Thanks big_tone.

And yeah I ended up getting the XForce headers for my brother. They suit the budget extremely well at $409 delivered brand new and we're more than happy to use a decent-good header rather than an awesome one which costs 2-3 times the price.

Student budgets FTW!

nice should post a vid mate !

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Yeah,bang for buck forsure,on par with ebay headers.

I've had mine for a couple of years,Trav (egsi),then Dave (TurtleEK1) had them on thier cars before me.I'm the 3rd ozhonda owner of them

There are better but offcoarse your talking an increase in price.

Ain't nuttin' wrong with the x-force headers,they do the job well!!

Good clearance off the road too.

http://www.xforce.com.au/cars/view_car/19

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76097

I would choose Very good on the poll,but no choice hehe
    Last edited by beeza; 27-03-2010 at 05:24 PM.