Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 Lude VTi-R

The biggest choice of my lifetime.

I don’t mean to procrastinate but i am approaching what i consider to be the most important decision of my life. First car: Integra or Prelude?

I realize there are countless amounts of comparisons between the two but i need important specs and info, seems to be particularly hard to find..

So I'm talking the 3rd Gen 93-01 Integra and the 4th Gen 92-96 Prelude.
    Specifically GSi and Si (VTi-R of either is looking increasingly unlikely due to budget unless damaged a little).

Any Information gathered on these two legendary coupes would be much appreciated especially acceleration and potential mods XD. Cheers guys.

if you got a prelude you'd have to re register a new forum nick LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    save the extra amount, and get a VTI-r. your not paying extra just for the engine.. other goodies such as better brakes, minor exterior/interior differences.
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    What's your budget?

And what car looks better to your eyes?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    egb16a
    ive driven both type si and vtir preludes.. and gsi and vtir integras.. vtir is by far heaps better.. i know money is an issue bro.. but in the end result its much better.. if you get an si or gsi.. later you will relised u shouldve saved that tad extra for vtir man. plus like wat cb7 said.. you get more goodies.. vtir are quality cars =] but if i was to choose btw integra or prelude.. ill choose integra =]

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    integra vtir ftw

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    when i went shopping for my first desent car ... (everyone needs a peice of crap for the 1st car ... u will just destroy it either way)

i was looking at the Prelude VTIR 97+ and the Integra VTIR 94-2000

after driving both i ended up with a 94 integra vtir - it seemed to drive alot better, i liked the fastback configuration alot more (its REALLY practical) and had alot more potential

now that im a bit older tho i would most probably go the BB6 prelude instead tho

my budget was 15k and i got my teg for 10kish ... i have seen them in the same condition these days at dealers for 6-8k .. shop around and u will get a good vtir at a good price

im not a massive fan of the 94-96 preludes ... just too many of them around and too many wannabe ricer/hoons with them (well in my parts anyway) - i really dont like the look of them either ... but everyone is different anyways

good luck =)

EDIT - just noticed u wer in perth .. definatly go integra vtir ... too many preludes around man, i have seen the teg vtirs at dealers up there so so so cheap now days
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    '09 FN2R
    yea man i totally agree with The Saint bout the dc2... i've got the pre-facelift 93' and absolutely love the handling of my dc2, not sure if the prelude handles as well though...

i've sat in a prelude vtir and somehow the power delivery isnt quite the same compared to the dc2 when u rev it all the way through...

just my two cents anyway

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    integra > prelude anyday
    go the integ!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    For me personally it's the Integra, especially if you don't have the funds to get the Si 'lude with the JDM H22A and LSD box...

EDIT: However if you get a H22A 'lude you can just go H2B

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Integra FTW!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny5 View Post
    yea man i totally agree with The Saint bout the dc2... i've got the pre-facelift 93' and absolutely love the handling of my dc2, not sure if the prelude handles as well though...

i've sat in a prelude vtir and somehow the power delivery isnt quite the same compared to the dc2 when u rev it all the way through...

just my two cents anyway
    the first Dc2 came out in 94 didnt they?

the BB6 prelude actually has sharper handling and feels lower and flatter than a Dc2 ... but it also feels alot heavier and the power delivery just isnt the same

i find the long hatch on the Dc2 to be VERY handy ... u can put the seats forward and u have urself a ute ... or i even layed in the back of mine at the drive in cinema
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680