Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC EG HATCH 1993

Lightbulb LOWERING CAR - cutting springs or torching them?

i know both these ways are dodgy

but just wanted to know

which is bad and which is worse lol

thank youuuu

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    Both is bad, both is just as worse .

If your going to dump it, why not just get some cheapo coil over sleeves on ebay.

if u HAD /MUST choose. i'd pick cut over torching them.. based on the reason torching them , its hard to obtain an equal drop on all corners..

BUT SERIOUSLY.. your ****ing around with the spring rates in both cases.. and its not recommended... thats your life behind the wheel.
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    A guy on this forum crashed "both" of his Integra's due to suspension, he cut them just to lower it and make it look fancy.

He lost control of the car when he was conering at a high speed, because when he was turning left the LHS tyre started to scrape on the guards,

this caused him to go straight into another car, and the 2nd incident he slid and hit a tree, because his turning cycle was rubbish, and there was no stability at all from the suspension.

His cars are a "ride off". But it's good that he learn't his lesson the hard way,

So please man don't do it, work for cash, sell shit, go do drug dealing or whatever just don't do this stupid way of lowering lol.

Good luck man

Makita that shit !!!

Haha nah, don't do it. No matter how tempting it is, cheap on the short run, devastating consequences in the short run. Just steer clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwn_boi View Post
    not quite sure how to spell but taste mad, its hard on the outside and creamy on the inside omfg so good

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    As others have said, why do people bother with this dodgy shit still?

You can pick up a set of lowering springs to suite your car (king springs etc) for way under 400 bucks these days.. why would you want to **** with your car, your life and other peoples lives?

Okay going to say this once.

Cutting/Torching your springs is so ****ing obvious and makes your car look so ****ing stupid and is STUPIDLY DANGEROUS IMHO.
    In my eyes you shouldn't even have your car if your going to give it that sort of treatment but thank god you haven't done it yet.

If you wanna lower it/slam it just buy some ****ing king springs or get your current springs compressed. That's the cheapest option i'd go. By going this route you it'll actually sit better, not as bumpy compared to cut/torched springs and will have less cop attention.

Best of luck.

DONT CUT/TORCH YOUR SPRINGS
    Last edited by WATAJK; 24-03-2010 at 05:24 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriskoss View Post
    As others have said, why do people bother with this dodgy shit still?

You can pick up a set of lowering springs to suite your car (king springs etc) for way under 400 bucks these days.. why would you want to **** with your car, your life and other peoples lives?
    You can pick up an angle grinder for 80 bux . Not even.

Only cut springs if youre car is a display car that wont get driven. That is the only time I can recommend cutting springs. Other than that. Never.

Theres a reason why springs have that number of coils.
    If you look at lowering springs they should have around about the same amount of coils.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC EG HATCH 1993
    thankssss guysss

buhh thenn

what can be the cheapest way to lower car

i just need to lower rear not front

compressing stock spring? how about that

any suggestions?

thankss alott for help
    Last edited by rey2009; 24-03-2010 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rey2009 View Post
    thankssss guysss

buhh thenn

what can be the cheapest way to lower car

i just need to lower rear not front

any suggestions?
    Go get your current springs compressed or go get king springs.
    Go to a tyre joint that does suspension. They should hopefully point you in the right direction

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    get a car full of fat people in it

just save for some lowered springs

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Get King springs. They're only around $100 for 4 second hand!!!!

Ebay it if you want. You can get some pretty cheap and safer things on there. Please don't be stupid dude... The worse case isn't you killing yourself - It's you killing other innocent people from being stupid.

Don't do it.

If all you want is for the car to be lower, and don't care about anything else (seems like your mindset) then do the following - It's safer than what you are thinking of...

Gather some bricks. Fill the boot with them. This will lower the rear. It's adjustable too - Just like coil-overs. Just add more if too high, and take some out if too low.

Will probably ride better as well.

Good luck.
    Last edited by androo; 24-03-2010 at 05:50 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC EG HATCH 1993
    lol at 90LAN

so compressing STOCK springs is fine?