Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    awsome post! im currently looking for the right spacers...
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Get them custom made to the wheel specs.

Member Array
    Car:
    A Honda
    Im not too sure whether this the appropriate thread to post this question but didnt want to have make a entirely new thread.
    Anyways im currently looking at getting a set of spacers and would like some advice on which are the appropriate one's to acquire.

At the moment im currently running stock OEM 16" DC2R wheels (+50) on my ITR and would like a bit more offset happening. I was looking at about possibly 15-20mm more offset.
    Currently i'm looking at "KICS wide tread spacers" and" H&R Spacers" but I have also come across these on ebay, but am unsure whether these seem reliable;
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEOTECH-NISSA...#ht_4691wt_905
    any other brands i could possible look at?

I have Skunk2 camber arms installed on the rear currently set to stock standards and and will be installing BuddyClub front cambers soon also. Just stating these in whether they may become a determining factor.
    Also it'll be for daily driving for now, possibly track work in the future unless i get a set of track wheels, but thats a whole different story.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Oem honda wheels are usually pretty useless when it comes to clearance for the stock studs when running a bolt on spacer. Measure your studs and check the clearance behind the wheel first to see what size spacer you will have to use to clear the oem studs

The centre bore on those ebay spacers is larger than the honda hub size too, which means the OEM wheels will NOT fit onto the spacer (ie. the locating lip on the spacer is larger than the centrebore of the oem wheel).

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Hi Alex,I was just thinking today about running spacers on the rear of my car,like 10-15mm ones..

I think 10mm will still give me enough thread on the bolt with the mugen mr-5's..

I may need to roll the inner fender bit in a little too..

Anything I'm missin' mate?

I just got a whell alignment,it might throw that out a bit too?
    Last edited by beeza; 14-03-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    get h&r kits, generally come with studs too
    well mine did anyway
    running it daily with my mf8's, killer combo

^

beez, a 10mm slip on spacer should not be used on factory studs, they are just too short.

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    personally I'd think twice about using 3mm spacers

my advice, if you intend on running any sort of spacers you have to run extended studs of some sort to make up the difference

^ For slip on spacers, yes.

I have used 3mm slip ons in the past on factory studs and never had a problem and I wouldnt say that extended studs are a necessity for that size spacer.

Having said that, my personal setup now consists of ARP extended studs and open ended steel wheel nuts so I can run whatever size spacer I want . I made the decision against getting a bolt on spacer for ease of swapping between wheels that do require a spacer and wheels that dont.

This combo can be had for easily under $250 delivered from the US (for 5lug, cheaper again for 4lug) these days and should not be dismissed if you are wanting to run a slip on spacer.

p.s. mf8 + spacer is definitely a killer combo
    Last edited by Alexx; 14-03-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    shame they're 16x7 +52's though

but yes brett, definitely do it right with either hub centric bolt on spacers(if you can find them) or get the h&r kit

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    + extended studs.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Thanks so much guys.

Damn,bit expensive for my liking atm...

Can I just run 3mm spacers,R they worth it?