I JUST BOLTED UP MY NEW ENGINE AS I RAN OUTA FUNDS FOR MY PROJECT.
    now the thing is evrything is back where it should be all the wires are connected back to where they should be.
    why does the engine light stay on when the car is turned on. ive checked over all the wiring and the hoses and everything is back in place. it doesnt make any sense.

need help desperatley i wanna drive the damn thing.

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    i am no expert (duh :P)

can you get ecu diagnostics thing (the light flashing thing)?

but maybe try to find all the possible errors that would result in the engine staying on (like find them off a website [there are lists for certain types of ecu/engines]), and eliminate all the possibilities.. which could then lead you to your problem.

all i know is my friend has a 4th gen accord and his engine light stays on because his speedo sensor is fuxor..

anyway, good luck

-Dxs

not the expert either :x but my mates engine light is on in his integra vtir. he's been told its his knock sensor that needs replacing???

Hey.. how come you ran out of funds ?? What else do u need for the compelete conversion ?

is the ecu all plugged up correctly? this may sound like a stupid question, but is the ecu the correct one? eg OB1 or OBII?

yeh everything is hooked up correctly, i found the problem i think, but now the car dont start, and i seem to think that its got something to do with the alarm coz it wont reset and the imoblisres are stopping it.

Check your O2 sensor near the cat, make sure all injectors are plugged in and not wired the wrong way, check the MAP sensor and any vacuum hoses. That;s all i can think of.

Problem has been fixed.
    2 problems, 1 a biatch, and 1 stoopid

first, faulty earth wire, replaced it.

second, the switch on the back of the throttle body was broken, and since you cant replce the damn switch thanx to honda, i had to go and buy a new throttle body (actually second hand but i still had to but a new one)

thanx for your help peoplez...

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Sounds like you have a problem and thats why the check engine light is coming on

have you tried fixing it yet ?
    part time potato