Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget

Amber corners on a pre-facelift DC2

Hey guys!

I was thinking of getting amber corners for my DC2. I can't decide. I like the stock look and the amber look.

Now, I was looking for your opinions. I wasn't sure if I should post this up in Appearance or Integra but since my car's and Integra thought I'd ask here.

What do you guys think? Amber or clear?

Don't tell me to do a facelift conversion or JDM conversion. I'm one of those retarded fans of the pre-facelift model (I don't know why I just prefer it).

Also, who thinks I should buy a new set for approx. $75, and who thinks I should just spray it (if I do I'm going to open it up and spray the inside) for $15? Anyone done this have any input?

Thanks guys. Looking forward to your input!!!

EDIT: Sorry guys I forgot to mention my Integra is white
    Last edited by androo; 25-03-2010 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Added info

You dont need to open up the inside.
    Just spray on the outside.
    Amber is cool.
    '12 PWP Tree Hugging Machine
    '99 GPW S2000
    '99 CW DC2R

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Won't it fade if I spray the outside?

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r,evo1,evo2
    all you need to do it take it out of your front bar and spray a couple of layers.. and no it will not fade

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    first of all.

preface > facelift > jdm

i also wouldnt mind doing mine amber got dont know where to get any amber sppray from?

but if you do spray, spray on the outside, of if you like both looks, buy the set of ambers and when you get bored of one just switch them around

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC
    amber corners are nice hehe got them atm i guess it looks good on certain colour teggys. i believe u can pick up amber colour paint from a hobby store or autobarn, super cheap??? not sure on the spray part tho....
    Last edited by will88; 25-03-2010 at 10:27 PM.
    Coup De Grace

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    I so agree with Lukey - Pre facelift > facelift > JDM!

Just about everyone disagrees though.

Man running such a risk of turning this into an argument!

Thanks for everyones input. SO does everyone agree on:

White DC2 Pre facelift Integra + Amber corners = Awesomeness?

I think it looks awesome on heaps of colours but I'm a little weary of it on a white teg. I've been looking for a few good pics and can't seem to fine any that actually compliments the car (most look outta place, could be the angles?).

Anyway if I get enough thumbs ups I'll give it a go!

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r,evo1,evo2
    this my car with sprayd amber.. i got my spray from bunnings "stain glass spray"
    you got my thumps up

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    lol p2akin, your car looks exactly the same as mine....thought i was looking at mine for a second, even the p plate is in the same spot~

though back on topic facelift > prefacelift imo.

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    ben bro, go down to cheltnam road to paintmobile on the way to dande. amber paint is there, they mix it up in a can for you. $35 for a standard can size and $15 for the half/smaller size can. thats how i did my ambers uleh.

edit: reason why, bunnings dont sell that shti no more i went to bunnings then supercheap and then here. 1.2hours lookin for this amber thing.

u'll need a scuff pad, paintmobile sells em for 1.50 each. the white one, it will sorta 'scratch' you indicator, they told me to scuff pad it untill it went dull, but i just did it for like a minute or so. then just spray on, no need to get inside the indicator, amber spray has clear gloss in it already so yeahits just aim n spray.

its really easy, mine still sticks pretty well, ive been to car wash like 10 times since ive done it, high pressure/hot rinse at the car wash right on the ambers, doesnt come off looks like it will last.

have fun
    Last edited by cheapdouchebag; 28-03-2010 at 11:33 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    haha nah i already purchased ambers from jdmyard bout a month ago, thanks anyway~

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r,evo1,evo2
    Quote Originally Posted by foujee View Post
    lol p2akin, your car looks exactly the same as mine....thought i was looking at mine for a second, even the p plate is in the same spot~

though back on topic facelift > prefacelift imo.
    lol.. im on greens now.. i liked red better cause it went with my seats but ohwell..

op: i bought mine from bunnigs and have had no fade of any sort for a year now.. but i dont used the brush from the carwash as it scratches your paint but i do high pressure spray it... sponge ftw