Tight door handles

Hi there,

My CU2 2010 honda euro is giving me a problem with all external door handles, where they are excessivly tight/sticky to pull open on occasion. It almost feels like the car is locked, and then with that little bit more pull they come out all the way. It is intermittent to which door handle it might be, and the heat has nothing to do with it as it ocurrs on hot/cold/day/night conditions.
    Is anyone else experiencing this? I intend to have it looked at by the dealer under warranty at the next service.

Cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by bluey223 View Post
    Hi there,

My CU2 2010 honda euro is giving me a problem with all external door handles, where they are excessivly tight/sticky to pull open on occasion. It almost feels like the car is locked, and then with that little bit more pull they come out all the way. It is intermittent to which door handle it might be, and the heat has nothing to do with it as it ocurrs on hot/cold/day/night conditions.
    Is anyone else experiencing this? I intend to have it looked at by the dealer under warranty at the next service.

Cheers
    This does not sound right to me. The opening action should be steady and smooth. It should not be excessively tight. Perhaps the locking actuator is not behaving. Should get Honda to look at it under warranty.

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    straight to honda!
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

Yeah, it sure is not right, car goes in for service in week, have raised it with them, just wanted to see if anyone else has the same issue so I know what may be involved in fixing it. To be honest I don't really want them to be taking the door trim etc off just to fix the problem, I hate things being removed when they should not have to be on a brand new car. Leads to sloppy mechanic putting it back and rattles and stuff eventuating.

Cheers

The front passanger door handle is hard to open. Its happen to me and another friend.

I think if we complain, they will fix this with lubricant

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

For me it is all door handles, and it is intermittent. I think is is a problem with the lock actuator not completely unlocking properly or something, sometimes on one door, sometimes more. Lubricant I don't think will fix the problem, considering car is basically new.

cheers

^^^ Trust me, nothing to do with mechanical stuff. We brought the car in, and thats all they did. Now its no prblem

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by bluey223 View Post
    Yeah, it sure is not right, car goes in for service in week, have raised it with them, just wanted to see if anyone else has the same issue so I know what may be involved in fixing it. To be honest I don't really want them to be taking the door trim etc off just to fix the problem, I hate things being removed when they should not have to be on a brand new car. Leads to sloppy mechanic putting it back and rattles and stuff eventuating.

Cheers
    I feel you pain. My 6 weeks old car recently gone in for a warranty fix. The front passenger seat has something potruding. It was the OPCD detection wiring not tugged away properly at factory.

They have to strip away the leather seat cover and then put it back. Problem with leather seat cover is once you take the cover off, it will never look the same again when putting it back. Have to say that my Honda dealer did do a decent job.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro MY2010
    Same problem here as well. Car is 6 months old and been doing it for a month or so. Will get it looked at at next service. Gonna take some regular lubricating if that is the answer to the problem! Surely problem has a more permanent fix. Driven cars for 30 years and never had to lubricate the door handles/latches like that often!!

Quote Originally Posted by mpricecs View Post
    Same problem here as well. Car is 6 months old and been doing it for a month or so. Will get it looked at at next service. Gonna take some regular lubricating if that is the answer to the problem! Surely problem has a more permanent fix. Driven cars for 30 years and never had to lubricate the door handles/latches like that often!!
    LOL the civic FD has problem with windows cant be close (if you press close it will close and then open again). Honda solution? lubricate them! and yeah it does the job...