Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2

B16B vs aftermarket pistons in B18C2

hey guys,

trying to figure out wat to choose between the two to raise compression. im after a target ratio of 12:1 or greater. i've been looking at Wiseco pistons and hav heard of ppl getting good results in the states..

any useful input is appreciated

If you are looking for that type of compression you are going to want something stronger than OEM parts anyway - just go aftermarket.

Are you looking to run that compression on a street car/daily?

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    get RS Machines, good bang for buck and they make power, why do you want 12:1 ? what camshafts are you going to be running?.. any headwork? cnc? need to know more details. Staying N/A?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    just tossing up ideas atm. thinkin of running toda spec C or skunk2 pro series stage 1. got ideas on the valve train but just stuck with compression ratio.. tryin to figure out the best way of upping it whether to just change out the pistons or milling the head..

Both of those will up the compression. Seriously though, that's a lot of cash to sink on something that will give you ok enough gains depending on other mods - but is it going on a street car? You seem like the sort of guy that's weighing up his options while he's saving some dosh, which is cool, but you might need a reality check.

Running 12:1 compression and the associated parts that will be required to run that comp on a daily driver is going to affect the drivability of the car immensely and be a pain in the arse to drive on a daily basis. Sure - it will get you loads of wank factor with your e-buddies and 'dudes at the meet' when you roll in with your valvetrain clatter and off beat exhaust note, but what do you actually WANT from the car?

No way in sh1tting hell would I be running anything like that on a daily. Unless you like the look of under your bonnet. Daily.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    The car is driven probably once or twice a week. I've got an EG civic which i use as my daily. Just wanted to have a bit of fun with the integra. Its just a hobby

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Having 12:1 compression is not always going to make more power, probly cause more headaches lol. have you though about changing displacement to 2.0L?, instant torque, hp gains