Thread: GSi Engine Mod?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    95 Lude VTi-R

GSi Engine Mod?

Heres my plan.
    I buy a mint condition GSi and mod it down the track, correct me if im wrong they're not Vtec?

What would be the best bang for my buck to get good power and keep weight down? Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    gsi is non vtec, makes decent power, but vtir maybe a bitter choice, as u go down the car scene, u'll start to think about getting a vtec engine if u have a gsi, thats what happened to me before. unless u gona go b18c7 or k20a

woudnt bother if its not a vtec

best thing to do is go with a covnersion either b20 vtec or b18cr

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    Pitch in a few grand extra n get urself a dc2 Vti-R. Then if ur after power, slap a B20 block in there n u got urself a monster.

I bought myself a DC4 as it was all i could afford at the time n soon after wished that i had waited... eventually put a Type-R motor in.

Absolutely no point modding a B18B coz unless u turbo it u'll only ever be as fast as a stock Vti-R, at best.
    Getting there...

Member Array
    Car:
    DA3->EK1->DC2->
    i owned a DC2 vtir prior to selling it and aquiring a DC4.

There is not much difference between the 2 cars in everyday street driving.

Personally i dont hit the track and so DC4 is ok for me.

Extending from that, DC2's have had a rough life (engine and body) and u may be better off buying a DC4 for its better exterior and interior condition.

many B18C2 motors are springing leaks from neglection and many are opting for engine swaps anyway.

At the end of day, up to you how u want to proceed with it.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegzieboi_BAR View Post
    Pitch in a few grand extra n get urself a dc2 Vti-R. Then if ur after power, slap a B20 block in there n u got urself a monster.

I bought myself a DC4 as it was all i could afford at the time n soon after wished that i had waited... eventually put a Type-R motor in.

Absolutely no point modding a B18B coz unless u turbo it u'll only ever be as fast as a stock Vti-R, at best.
    How much did the Type R conversion cost you? Must have been massively expensive?

My Gsi goes pretty hard, tested it last night first time in teh red line and it got from 0-100 a lot quicker than I was expecting. I don't think you can really go wrong with an Integra as they're all great cars and all go hard, but if power is REALLY important to you, you might aswell save an extra couple of grand and go for the Vti-r. Plus Gsi's after 97 went pretty ugly imo.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    As fast as u may think the gsi is it's really nothin compared to a type-r. Vtir n gsi dnt hav a huge difference in power but I hated sayin "no" everytime someone asked me if it was vtec.

The conversion all up set me back roughly 8-9 grand so certainly not cheap. Mind u I upgraded as I went along n only bought good genuine parts, mostly on the cheap tho. If u took the cheaper alternatives n keep the standard gearbox u can probably do the lot for as cheap as 6-7 grand.
    Getting there...

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    Feck, thats a lot of money. I was thinking of doing a Vti-r conversion somewhere down the track, but I don't think its worth it anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    U can do an LS/VTEC which would involve u replacing ur head with a B18C or B16A. That's a much cheaper alternative but I dnt kno what exactly is involved, certainly a lot less than swapping the whole motor. Head, ECU, final drive or vtir gearbox. Ud hav to do a bit of research but I'd say it's worthwhile if ur after power.
    Getting there...

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    Cheers for that info, I'll have to check it out maybe next summer when I'm on uni holidays.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    Good luck it's def worth it in the end
    Getting there...

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    if ur gona convert to vtec just look for a Type R motor.. better off..
    U wana REALLY SHIT FEEL THE DIFFERENCE..
    so might aswell go double or just turbooooooooo it champ