Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1998 Integra VTi-R

Leaving DC2 on 'Accesories' for how long before battery drains?

Hi guys, recently i got my stereo installed (sub, amp, front/rear speakers and headunit). I'm a bit scared on how long i can leave the car on 'ACCESORIES' with the new stereo running seeing as it would use more power?

Any ideas on how long it should/could last? I have no idea.
    1998 Honda Integra VTi-R

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    depends on your battery size/capacity

should last a while as long as your not cranking it up.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1998 Integra VTi-R
    Stock battery that came with the car.. so leaving it on say a quater volume.. a good hour easy without issues?
    1998 Honda Integra VTi-R

Member Array
    Car:
    EG8
    my civic with 600w amp and a 400w amp will last 15mins on 1/4 volume before dead...depends on what you running i guess, i gots 377 CCA battery though, but still
    Why don't you tell your daddy to comb his damn hair, look like some spiders is having a meetin' on his head.

Member Array
    Car:
    b&w eh, blurple ek
    I was running a "heavy duty" supercheap battery (SCA brand or something) lasted me 30 mins. Couldn't recharge it afterwards either (basic stereo, 2ch amp for the sub and speakers off the headunit)

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    I haven't tried it on my DC2 but when I had my EG, I was cleaning it and working on it a bit (fixing wiring, etc.) and I was listening to my music really softly (it was night time. Out of interest I had a cheap Sony head unit, set of Sony 6", set of Pioneer 6", set of sony 6x9, 300w Kenwood amp, Kenwood sub (know, it was my first car OK?) and about 1hr into it my car died on me. I had one of those NRMA supplied batteries from the previous owner (no idea how old but it looked pretty bad).

It really depends on what you're running + battery condition! Go test it if you're game =]

True. depends on the battery.

10 years ago I had an Integra SX16. Ran the CD player head unit with stock speakers for a whole hour regularly on 'accessory' with no problems

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    im not sure what battery my car has but i used to be able to run my stock stereo for 3 - 4 hours and start the car fine. and i run my current stereo for up to an hour a time and it starts fine. (alpine deck, kicker 6.5" splits up front, kicker 6.5" coaxials up back, 4ch kicker amp for speakers, 2ch kicker amp for sub, 12" rockford fosgate sub.

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1998 Integra VTi-R
    Quote Originally Posted by androo View Post
    I haven't tried it on my DC2 but when I had my EG, I was cleaning it and working on it a bit (fixing wiring, etc.) and I was listening to my music really softly (it was night time. Out of interest I had a cheap Sony head unit, set of Sony 6", set of Pioneer 6", set of sony 6x9, 300w Kenwood amp, Kenwood sub (know, it was my first car OK?) and about 1hr into it my car died on me. I had one of those NRMA supplied batteries from the previous owner (no idea how old but it looked pretty bad).

It really depends on what you're running + battery condition! Go test it if you're game =]
    Yeah that happend to me on the first day fixing wires etc, but i left mine on ON.. lasted 30 mins or so. Had to push the car out of the backyard and onto the road to start it again. haha
    1998 Honda Integra VTi-R

my 98 civic had a battery which was 2-3 years old at least. the ignition was on for over an hour and the car wouldn't start after...anyway after getting a boost and taking the car for a long drive it was fine again for over 6 months. i now have a supercharge gold which is heaps better

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8, DC2R
    all u need is a 1 fared capasiter and u wont need to worry ever again. they go for like $150 at jaycar.