Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Sedan

Question Mini me d13b conversion?

Was reading up on the mini me conversion for the d series.
    And was thinking (dont flame me, well not too much ) would doing the mini me swap on a d13b result in a higher revving engine...?
    As i've heard of ppl de-stroking their engines to gain more rpm...
    Noob and very stupid question i know, but im just thinking out loud haha
    Not putting miles on your built cars is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    hey mate,

no such thing as a stupid question... but it sounds to me like you are trying to create an increase in power... if you are, going back from a 1.5/1.6 litre engine to a 1.3 is not going to net you any increase above the existing motor without a lot of money thrown at it... for the money you will spend making it go harder, you can have a never DOHC motor potentially, or stick to D series and get a vtec version for example that will give you a sounder base to start from...
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

although this is for the 1,5 dual carbs, worth a read i guess

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...highlight=carb
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    the people in the states destroke their d becasue they go turbo route and want to have higher rpm so they stayin in boost longer.. pointless doing it to a N/A, save up and get d16y1 or d16a d series DOHC!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Sedan
    Cheers for the info
    Am planning on going turbo in the next 2-3 yrs, but as stated above, will get a y1 first before turbo, D series FTW! haha
    Thanks guys, Nic.
    Not putting miles on your built cars is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.