Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R

Carbon Fibre Bonnet

hi everyone, just wondering what my options are as i am looking to buy a carbon fibre bonnet for my DC2R 01'

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    defect, i guess..
    90KUU The Super Saiyin Type R

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    the issue with CF bonnets as i see it are... (ive considered getting one for a long time! :-))

1) They are illegal for road use as they potentially shatter upon impact and could cause damage to humans, which could lead you to potentially being responsible for personal injury if it is deemed contributory to injuries
    2) most CF bonnest are actually fibreglass with a CF cover
    3) The real this (full carbon fibre) are very expensive
    4) To try and hide it you need to paint it, whihc defeats the purpose, particularly if you buy an expensive one with an attractive weave
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    No point forking out big bucks on a full CF bonnet unless its a show car... get a cheaper CF/FG vented bonnet 4 track use... will be light n u wont be as fussed if u damage it. Thats my opinion.
    Getting there...

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    ^ wow... you would actually get a full carbon bonnet... designed to reduce weight and thus improve performance, ONLY if it is a showcar?
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    ^^^ Im just saying i wouldnt fork out $900+ on a top notch CF bonnet if i constantly gotta worry bout gettin defected n damaged around the track (then theres fade/damage from sun, scratches etc)

I would only get a CF bonnet for track use, in which case id get a cheaper vented, FG lined one. Cant imagine it would be any heavier than an expensive full CF.
    Getting there...

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by vte_gra View Post
    hi everyone, just wondering what my options are as i am looking to buy a carbon fibre bonnet for my DC2R 01'

still looking for one?

try ebay as well as traders here.....

are the fb/cf coated bonnets defectable still?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by rage_against View Post
    are the fb/cf coated bonnets defectable still?
    Any thing that is not OEM is defectable. Hell I've even known people get defected for OEM items (ie. Recaros)

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    Ive been told different things but as far as i kno all CF or FB bonnets r illegal. Although, according to some, CF bonnets r legal if they have a metal skeleton (reinforced underneath)
    Getting there...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    Quote Originally Posted by TeMp View Post
    Any thing that is not OEM is defectable. Hell I've even known people get defected for OEM items (ie. Recaros)
    LOL so true, i know someone who got done for being too low even though it was completely stock standard shocks n springs in perfect condition.
    Getting there...

Quote Originally Posted by TeMp View Post
    technically if you dont have the same brand make of tyres that your car came with its defectable. or so the rta hotline told us. anything that is on the car that was not standard fitment is defectable is what they told me.