Warranty Claim...

My starter motor has decided to start crunching up and is looking like it needs replacing...
    Going to my dealer on monday and they will diagnois the problem...
    My car has a 3 year used car warranty... My starter motor is covered as i've already asked..
    My question is this....
    My INJEN CAI, will they try to void my warranty because of it or do you think i should be fine due to the fact it hasn't damaged my motor or anything??
    (I really CBF putting the stuff pipping back in hence why im asking)
    Cheers

bumpeedddddd

put anything standard from the engine back on if youve replaced anything. obviously it hasnt damaged anything but they may try and void your claim for tampering with it

i don't get that though...
    It's a starter motor which is electrical... how the **** can a cold air intake interfere with it...
    that's just ridiculous

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    i don't get that though...
    It's a starter motor which is electrical... how the **** can a cold air intake interfere with it...
    that's just ridiculous
    Most dealerships will try to void your warranty for whatever reason they can, in order to mitigate the amount of money lost on free repairs/replacement. It wouldn't hurt to put stock parts on, you could always call up anonymously and ask what would happen to a car under warranty with a CAI.

Quote Originally Posted by geeang View Post
    Most dealerships will try to void your warranty for whatever reason they can, in order to mitigate the amount of money lost on free repairs/replacement. It wouldn't hurt to put stock parts on, you could always call up anonymously and ask what would happen to a car under warranty with a CAI.
    will try tomorrow

or just say you bought the car from them like that

Member Array
    yea
    cause honda dealerships come standard with injen cai's dont they.

Quote Originally Posted by kcokla View Post
    yea
    cause honda dealerships come standard with injen cai's dont they.
    you never know.. lol

But seriously guys..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BB6 ATTS
    Simple.

Ask yourself is the effort put into returning the car to standard better than a rejected claim and having to pay for it to get fixed yourself. (Could be upwards of $300)

My Answer: Yes.

The time you've spent on this forum asking if it's a problem... could of been used to return it to standard... Provided you have the standard Air Box. LOL.
    AMSOIL 10w30/Ea013 @ 5k OCI's, AMSOIL MTF Synchromesh, RE002's @ F 40/R 38 PSI; 9.23L/100kms. Suburban(Minimal Freeway).

Self Tuned (Road). Dyno soon.

Spoke to my dealership.
    They said it will not affect my warranty unless that part has something to do with the problem.
    She goes it's theorectically impossibly to say a air intake has caused your starter motor to play up so you should be fine but if i hydrolock my car they won't cover me lol
    Im like nah dah :P

Finally got an answer and im happy