Newcomer Array
    Car:
    98 EK1

engine blew up =(

ok so i know it aint a honda..but would any1 have in any info on my question below as some of you may knw daihatsu is now owned by toyota and therefore cant find out in straight info about my charade.

i own a honda civic but my lil run around car is a daihatsu charade 1995 1.0l carby 3cyl manual shit box. anyways the motor has seized and need to get it up and running again. so far ive rung around wreckers for the same motor but no luck. my cheapest option i have found is a 1991 sedan with a 1.3l EFI auto.
    Now does any1 know if the 1.3 will bolt in and match all the linkage for the 95' becoz as far as i understand changing it to AUTO will be way too much effort. im cant use the 91' as it is smashed.
    hopefully this made sense. any info is helpful.
    Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    maybe put a 1.3 carbi from a eg breeze ?
    just a option
    apart from that just ask the wreckers you are buying from if it fits

Is it honestly worth spending $1k to fix a car that is now worth $200. I don't think so. Buy a wreck with a good engine or get another runaround. Thats what i would do.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    98 EK1
    th car with 1.3l is only costing me 300$ so in my eyes thats probs gunna be a better price or roughly the sam as the 1.0l caby motor.
    due to the fact that the breeze is made by honda would make it unable to fit in a daihatsu.
    ive rung toyota and they have no idea
    ringing around more wreckers would have to be my best option.
    thanks for the help cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    put b18c

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    How much is a new daihatsu shit box?