Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    Sorry. Those aren't mine. Just used the picture.

Member Array
    Car:
    4th gen Civic
    thanks!
    I notice the 6 labelled hoses from the pics, are they the ones to block off ?
    do we block them all off ? how ? with what ?

block it with right size's spare screws

Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by rly1
    thanks!
    I notice the 6 labelled hoses from the pics, are they the ones to block off ?
    do we block them all off ? how ? with what ?
    I never got as far as doing this so I can't tell you for sure. But yeah just try blocking off all hoses that went to the airbox. Probably stick a breather filter onthe valve cover ventilation though. Like people do with cold air intake systems.

But yeah just get a screw or I think you can get vac tube terminators. Try supercheap. Or if you have spare golf tees sitting around shove one of them in and cut it off. Just whatever works.

As I found out though. None of this stuff is really an exact science. Unless you really know what you're doing you have to be prepared to experiment and trial and error until it works. Probably not the best thing to be doing on a weekday afternoon when you need the car to get to work in the morning kind of thing. There are lots of variations on the twin Keihin carbs with varying amounts of emissions equipment attached. Depending on what year you have. Generally the later the model the more complicated the carbs are because of the useless emissions stuff they kept adding on.

But it is fun.
    Last edited by Eclipsor; 15-11-2006 at 04:17 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    4th gen Civic
    I checked out bike shops but still couldn't find something that will fit through the spacers. I explained to the shop owner what I wanted to do and he reckons this isn't going to work unless I can tight the filter down to the throat(so it can grab onto something, something like a custom filter adapter that fits to the 2 spacers screws and out so that the actual filter can be tighten to ?)
    Is this the reason why it was suggested to super glue the filter down ?
    Anyone's done this in Melbourne and have an idea where I can get those damn filters. :P
    I couldn't find anything useful in AUTOBARN either.

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    Yeah they'll need to be tightened down somehow. Either by having the filter tube larger than the carb throat and jamming them on. Or the same diameter and maybe try using some of that silicone coupling pipe.

Member Array
    Car:
    4th gen Civic
    I was thinking of the jamming method but would that be tight enough ?
    when air are sucked it, wouldn't air also flow from the side gaps(if not superglued to close down the gaps completely)

Quote Originally Posted by rly1 View Post
    I checked out bike shops but still couldn't find something that will fit through the spacers. I explained to the shop owner what I wanted to do and he reckons this isn't going to work unless I can tight the filter down to the throat(so it can grab onto something, something like a custom filter adapter that fits to the 2 spacers screws and out so that the actual filter can be tighten to ?)
    Is this the reason why it was suggested to super glue the filter down ?
    Anyone's done this in Melbourne and have an idea where I can get those damn filters. :P
    I couldn't find anything useful in AUTOBARN either.

thanks
    dont use GLUE .. it will melt

Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    Just use one of those hose clamps if you're worried. That's all that holds my intake together in a couple of places.

Member Array
    Car:
    4th gen Civic
    Sorry Eclipsor, I think I got lost. The ideal situation would be to use hose clamp to stick a pod filter to an intake, like what CAI people do.
    The problem with the dual carby is that once I take off the lid of the air box, it's got only 2 carbs throats, there's throats are jus wholes without anything that you could clamp your filter on. You can only stick the filters necks into the spacer(then into the throat). Isn't it what this threads was saying ? or am I completely lost ?
    Then, it was also instructed to chose slightly bigger filters to ensure a tight fit . So once the filter necks are pushed in, I was asking if there were still gaps and if we could close the gaps by using some super glue or if it's not required. have any of you guys done this ? can you post a pic of how the filter meets the carbs throats ?
    thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    cb3 Accord
    Have you taken the whole airbox off? Including the base? Maybe I'm picturing them wrong in my head. I think I still have a set at home. I'll have a look later on.

this is what i did .. i took the arbox out.. and u will see the 2 throat with the Metal mash bit on the top. so u take the mash out and custome ur own filter size and rep around the mash and put it back in easy simple as that.. dont need those fansy pod filter