Page 16 of 61 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    17x8 +35 running on coils should be fine for fd2, am i correct?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    yup all good

Couldn't find anyone putting a 16 X 6 wheels... Will that affect the handling?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    16x6? what offset? That's skinnier than stock.. It won't significantly affect your handling.

16x6 is going to look funny as well lol. Go for a wider tyre if you want the car to have better handling and some decent tyres will help in that process too.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    16" wheels are small, but still fine. although u should opt for something wider than 6".. i think thats nearly the same width as stock fd1 wheels. 195 tyres will look very thin in terms of stance, and wont get u much traction.. but if u compare it to stock, its nearly the same. not much of an upgrade.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    stock is 6.5" wide.. so thats a downgrade..

quickly bolted these up today, before I put them back on the 180 and sold them with it
    shame I can't keep them and shame I didn't have time to lower the ep first...

17x9 +30, 215/45 yoko s drives

Quote Originally Posted by RPS.13 View Post
    quickly bolted these up today, before I put them back on the 180 and sold them with it
    shame I can't keep them and shame I didn't have time to lower the ep first...

17x9 +30, 215/45 yoko s drives

Is that r33 gtr offset? Any issues like scrubbing on inner guards or anything?

Ive currently got gtr r32 v-spec wheels ( 17x8 +30 w/ 205-45 ) on mine with a 15mm bolt on spacer. i was thinking of getting some 9" to go on soon but was worried of it hanging out too far. lol

Quote Originally Posted by TOUGE-ITR View Post
    Is that r33 gtr offset? Any issues like scrubbing on inner guards or anything?

Ive currently got gtr r32 v-spec wheels ( 17x8 +30 w/ 205-45 ) on mine with a 15mm bolt on spacer. i was thinking of getting some 9" to go on soon but was worried of it hanging out too far. lol
    Yep they are r33 GTR wheels, 17x9 +30 offset... aka "GTR offset"

Not sure if they scrub on the inner arms, or guard liners as I never rolled on that set up. I only bolted it on to take a pic. (They didn't foul on anything when bolting them up).

I have purchased another set though, since selling the 180 & I've only bolted up one on the front of the car so far after lowering it. I put 215/45/17 yoko S drives on them all round. With the current height I'm at (approx 1 finger between the guard and tyre) the wheels stuck out about 25-30mm? The corner/edge where the side wall meets the tread sits almost flush with the guard, sticks out about 3-5mm. I'm sure with the car a little lower and about 1.5 neg camber it should tuck in nicely. I'm assuming it will rub on the guard liners on the front. Rears I'm waiting to roll the rears first, install the coilovers and camber arms, before I put them on. Only trouble I can see would be clearance on the rear trailing arms.

a 17x9 +30 compared to your 16x8 +30 (+15 effective offset)
    inner clearance: 28mm less
    outer position: retract by 2mm

I guess check your inner clearances and go from there, atm your effective offset sticks out 2mm more than the r33 gtr wheels. So nah they won't be hanging out too far... Unless you're planning on getting a 9" rim in a lower offset?

Not sure what car ur referring to though, but I assume its a dc2r? or maybe u have a ep3?

Any pics of your current wheels, on the car?

Quote Originally Posted by RPS.13 View Post
    Yep they are r33 GTR wheels, 17x9 +30 offset... aka "GTR offset"

Not sure if they scrub on the inner arms, or guard liners as I never rolled on that set up. I only bolted it on to take a pic. (They didn't foul on anything when bolting them up).

I have purchased another set though, since selling the 180 & I've only bolted up one on the front of the car so far after lowering it. I put 215/45/17 yoko S drives on them all round. With the current height I'm at (approx 1 finger between the guard and tyre) the wheels stuck out about 25-30mm? The corner/edge where the side wall meets the tread sits almost flush with the guard, sticks out about 3-5mm. I'm sure with the car a little lower and about 1.5 neg camber it should tuck in nicely. I'm assuming it will rub on the guard liners on the front. Rears I'm waiting to roll the rears first, install the coilovers and camber arms, before I put them on. Only trouble I can see would be clearance on the rear trailing arms.

a 17x9 +30 compared to your 16x8 +30 (+15 effective offset)
    inner clearance: 28mm less
    outer position: retract by 2mm

I guess check your inner clearances and go from there, atm your effective offset sticks out 2mm more than the r33 gtr wheels. So nah they won't be hanging out too far... Unless you're planning on getting a 9" rim in a lower offset?

Not sure what car ur referring to though, but I assume its a dc2r? or maybe u have a ep3?

Any pics of your current wheels, on the car?
    Hey man, yeah it's for an ep3. I've rolled the fron and rear guards already.
    When u say retract outer position by 2mm, do you mean it won't hang out as much from my current setup by 2mm?
    I'll take a pic when I can, probably this afternoon.

Is that a 215 on the 9" rim? I was thinking of running 205/35 or 40. How much of a stretch was it?
    Will it need start-ya-bastard to get it on? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TOUGE-ITR View Post
    Hey man, yeah it's for an ep3. I've rolled the fron and rear guards already.
    When u say retract outer position by 2mm, do you mean it won't hang out as much from my current setup by 2mm?
    I'll take a pic when I can, probably this afternoon.

Is that a 215 on the 9" rim? I was thinking of running 205/35 or 40. How much of a stretch was it?
    Will it need start-ya-bastard to get it on? Lol.
    Correct, it won't hang out as much as your wheels by 2mm.
    Yep I was/am running a 215/45/17 on the 9' rims... Mild stretch imo. I've also run a 215/40/17 on the same rim, similar amount of stretch, just looks smaller (I ran them on the front of the 180 to stop the scrubbing issues).

205/40's on a 9" rim is a fair stretch, I don't think I would feel safe rolling on a 35 profile tyre! (hard cornering, hitting a pot hole etc)
    There some pics in here http://www.tyrestretch.com/
    of a 205/40/17 on a 17x9, you'll be able to see the edge of the tyre is more vertical, the rim protector bit will sit further away from the rim lip. Where as a 215 will curve slightly over the rim lip, that's if the tyres have those rim protector bits. The amount of stretch will also be dependant on what brand tyre u use, some will run wider than others in the same size.

I'd go a 205/45, if you really want to get a 205... at least that way you'll be closer to having your speedo almost correct.