Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    i normally use OEM honda filters or K&N, which are great to use.

Oil wise i've use quite a few, but i've been changing due to burn on track days.
    Will prob be trying the amsoil soon as i've just found a supplier close by at a reasonable price.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

I read about a lot of different oils to go in my s2k and i used nulon 5w30 but found it used a little oil so changed to 10w40 synthetice and so far so good previously only used honda oil 10w30 which is made by mobil .5w30 or 5w40 dosnt suit the s2k its to thin 10w30 is recomended nulon make a 10w40 synthetice which is made in oz as good as eny yank oil the only diff between the 30 and 40 is the temp range the oil will peforme at the 10 being the vicosity or thicknes you can go crazy sorting out the diff i also use a ryco oil filter

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BB6 ATTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    i normally use OEM honda filters or K&N, which are great to use.

Oil wise i've use quite a few, but i've been changing due to burn on track days.
    Will prob be trying the amsoil soon as i've just found a supplier close by at a reasonable price.
    Keep in mind though, K&N are only semi-synthetic and they don't state what the definition of "harmful particles" is. They most likely only measure down to 30 or 20 Microns. Where tests have proven that the smaller particules of dust (20 Micron and below) are actually the cause for a large majority of engine wear caused by intake contaminates.

It would be similar to Air Filters, Using an AMSOIL Ea Air filter decreases Engine wear due to particle intake by 70% compared to a K&N Wet Gauze and 45% compared to the average OEM Air Filter. (this is one of the reasons I steer clear of K&N, especially on a daily car) I can't remember the figures for a comparison on the oil filter and no way am I sorting through my collection of oil analysis again to find it. lol. They were similar though. As the AMSOIL Oil filters are 98.7% Efficient at 15 MICRONS, not 20 Microns like the rest measure it at. They are also over 92% efficient at 10 Microns, which is incredible.

I've only seen 3 distributors of AMSOIL in Australia. The one in brisbane is where I get it from.. the one in Melbourne is an absolute Rip Off! Which one are you referring to?
    Last edited by Phased; 11-04-2010 at 11:30 PM.
    AMSOIL 10w30/Ea013 @ 5k OCI's, AMSOIL MTF Synchromesh, RE002's @ F 40/R 38 PSI; 9.23L/100kms. Suburban(Minimal Freeway).

Self Tuned (Road). Dyno soon.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Phased View Post
    Keep in mind though, K&N are only semi-synthetic and they don't state what the definition of "harmful particles" is. They most likely only measure down to 30 or 20 Microns. Where tests have proven that the smaller particules of dust (20 Micron and below) are actually the cause for a large majority of engine wear caused by intake contaminates. Using an AMSOIL Ea Air filter decreases Engine wear due to particle intake by 70% compared to a K&N Wet Gauze and 45% compared to the average OEM Air Filter. (this is one of the reasons I steer clear of K&N, especially on a daily car) I can't remember the figures on the oil filter and no way am I sorting through my collection of oil analysis again to find it. lol.
    I believe he was referring to K&N oil filters. Not the air filters.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BB6 ATTS
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    I believe he was referring to K&N oil filters. Not the air filters.

I know, I was too. I probably should of paragraphed it better as I trailed off into Air filters as I couldn't remember the figures for the equivilant Oil Filter comparison.
    Last edited by Phased; 11-04-2010 at 11:31 PM.
    AMSOIL 10w30/Ea013 @ 5k OCI's, AMSOIL MTF Synchromesh, RE002's @ F 40/R 38 PSI; 9.23L/100kms. Suburban(Minimal Freeway).

Self Tuned (Road). Dyno soon.

Member Array
    Car:
    CVT VTI
    Hi, could someone let me know what the contact details are for the AMSOIL distributor in Brisbane because the one in Melbourne tells me that they don't have the EA oil filters for the Jazz (a bit strange).

Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    Um, just wondering... Do you think its really necessary to spend the extra on oil filters for a Jazz?
    If its for fuel efficiency then you would get much better results by changing driving style than having AMSOIL oil/filter.
    If its for protection, as stated earlier in the thread, your car will suffer a breakdown from other sources of be written off before the oil matters.

Member Array
    Car:
    Gc subaru

nulon

using nulon 10-40 my99 wrx liking it so far

had penrite hpr10-50 never again
    Quote oh dear ****ing lawd. my d*ck did more than move. it jumped out of my pants, and tore the fly open....