Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HID recommendation

I'm looking for a snow white base hid kit, but i'm struggling to know what's the whitest hid out there, Help please .

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    5000-6000k
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

^^ like he said, 6000k would be the best option, if you wanted the brightest hid kit which is closest to white. Any higher like 8000K will have a slight blue tint in it.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5
    pretty much what you guys already said^^^

6000k is white,

8000k is bright white with a little bit of blue.

3000K is amber for fogs.
    4100-4300K is OEM
    4500K is aged/colour match for replacement for OEM
    5000K is starting to get tinges of blue (poor QC and random labelling makes this a popular 'colour' but often is far bluer)
    6000K+ is not recommended if you want to avoid 'attention'.

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    I have 5000K on mine, it's white.

I've had 6000K before, and its white with a SLIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTT tint of blue, not very noticable at all.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9, SH9
    im using 6000K atm. its a real pure and bright white. highly recommended. no problems with police or other drivers on the road in terms of brightness/glare.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    I've noticed from having alot of friends with HIDs, some 6000k bulbs are very, very white with no blue, and some have a tinge of blue (obviously a QC issue). However go 5000k or 6000k.

Also, note that 8000k+ is not very bright compared to 6000k or less. It might be brighter than stock, but not much. My car has 35W 6000k HIDs, and my friend has 55W 8000k HIDs. When looking head on, his looks much brighter (blinding, actually), however when parked side by side and on a flat surface, my 6000K kit actually covers a much greater distance.

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    i currently have 8000k in mine, havent had any problems with them but I will go with 6000k next time. I like how the more white light looks more crisp

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 vti
    6000k recommended ! =)

Im using 6000k myself and the outcome was great! Better visibility at night especially when street lights are too dark. Im sure you are looking for something noticably white (thats why you chose HIDs). The ones available in the market are normally 6000k and they are pure white. Correct me guys if im wrong, 6000k is actually the colour of daylight.

It also depends on your headlight, i think. If your headlight uses halogen type/casing, you might want to get 5000k as it look heaps better and many japanese cars are now equiped with that feature (EP3, ALphard, etc). If your headlight is the projector ones, i think 6000k would be fine as it wont blind the oncoming passangers. I used to drive an FD and the lights produced are quite blinding for some.

Also it comes down to the brand you choose. Its good to search the forum or ask around any of your mates using the same brand of HIDs as although it says on the box 6000k, different brands will have different colours! I experienced it first hand. My FD used to have both headlight and foggies in HIDs 6000k and it produced different colours. the foggies have rather bluish tint in them, while the headlights are pure white. My mate also got a different brand 6000k on his FD and his right side of bulb produced a liitle different colour from his left headlights.

good luck on your search!
    IN3RTIA

ESPELIR Springs | 6000k MTEC | WORK GS1 | INJEN Cold Air Intake | Honda Access Kits | Fujitsubo Exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    '09 FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by nxn75u View Post
    My mate also got a different brand 6000k on his FD and his right side of bulb produced a liitle different colour from his left headlights.

good luck on your search!

I've got the same issue as well but its not very noticeable. Using 6000k and has very good visibility compared to OEM...