Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R

Arrow Swaybars on EK1 CXI - What 'else' is needed?

After trying a Whiteline rear swaybar kit (supposedly from an EK1 GLI) I got another forumer, I attempted to fit it to my CXI... only to find out that it wouldn't fit due to the mounting holes on the subframe being closer together than those on the swaybar kit. - See pictures below:

*The holes in my subframe are (measured at the outer-most points) 52mm, bit this kits' U-Bolt, D-Bracket and Backing Plates measures at 56mm.

New backing plates could be fabricated, but parts for this kit are 'discontinued' - I would prefer a straight-forward fitment regardless - So I want to start again from scratch.

I would not have thought the CXI and GLI were any different in the subframe design???
    Has anyone come across this issue in the past?
    Maybe the issue is the design level being different between the CXI and GLI?

I want to order a rear swaybar kit (Whiteline), but now i'm hesitant in case I order the wrong one...

So I guess the real question is: What is needed for me to fit a rear swaybar to my 2000 EK1 CXI?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From what I understand (from here and here), I will need the following parts for hassle-free Front & Rear EK4/EK9 Swaybar Kit installs:

Front:
    * EK4/EK9 Front Lower Control Arms.
    * EK4/EK9 Shock Forks and Bolts.
    * EK4/EK9 Swaybar, Bushes, D-Brackets, Endlinks.

Rear:
    * EK9 Swaybar, ASR Brace, Bushes, D-Brackets, Endlinks.

Thanks heaps guys.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    RESOLUTION HERE:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...=1#post2713352
    Last edited by omgzilla; 20-04-2010 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Updated Info.
    FN2R

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 mother****er
    iirc the gli came with front swaybars, so you should be able to use them instead of ek4/ek9/em1 ones.

and i thought you didnt need forks :s after you swapped front LCA's your car was ready for swaybars as long as you got endlinks and d brackets etc.

edit: you only need forks if you use ek9 controll arms. apparently the forks are different. use the gli ones and you dont need forks. someone else will have to confirm about ek4

and i dont think theres a difference between facelift and preface sussy parts
    Last edited by redefine; 04-04-2010 at 01:28 PM.
    THAT SHIT WAS BANANAS

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Updated - Found more info from one of Gio's threads. Still uncertain about the rear subframe mount holes... hmmm.
    FN2R

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    there's a separate bracket that bolts up to the chassis then the endlinks bolt up to that

i'm pretty sure ek1.6lciv had some kind of thread about doing it

Member Array
    Car:
    A black one
    Quote Originally Posted by redefine View Post
    iirc the gli came with front swaybars, so you should be able to use them instead of ek4/ek9/em1 ones.

and i thought you didnt need forks :s after you swapped front LCA's your car was ready for swaybars as long as you got endlinks and d brackets etc.

edit: you only need forks if you use ek9 controll arms. apparently the forks are different. use the gli ones and you dont need forks. someone else will have to confirm about ek4

and i dont think theres a difference between facelift and preface sussy parts
    I have been told that ek9 front lca's will fit cxi forks.

I think redifine got the information that they didnt from an earlier thread i found from the ek9 forums.

I just measured mine and it shows 55mm??? Ill go check again for a more accurate measurement, ill event put my effing headlamp on...
    Anyone selling a black ek1 facelift Hood (OEM)?? PM ME

Member Array
    Car:
    A black one
    Yeah mines around 56mm :S

What the hell...

EDIT: One of your mearurements says its 56 but you have written 58?
    Anyone selling a black ek1 facelift Hood (OEM)?? PM ME

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 mother****er
    Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I have been told that ek9 front lca's will fit cxi forks.

I think redifine got the information that they didnt from an earlier thread i found from the ek9 forums.

I just measured mine and it shows 55mm??? Ill go check again for a more accurate measurement, ill event put my effing headlamp on...
    most likely.

but i know for a fact cxi/gli/vti lca's are the same.

apart from the holes in the gli and vti that is
    Last edited by redefine; 07-04-2010 at 02:49 PM.
    THAT SHIT WAS BANANAS

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnY View Post
    pretty sure you blokes need the bracket
    CHAMPION!!! Thanks Vinny.

Now - the question is... will an EK9 22mm Rear Sway fit up with the ASR brace on the CXi???

I guess we'd still need those brackets too then? Unless, you remove those brackets as part of the ASR brace fitment??? Anyone confirm?
    FN2R

ASR . EK9 rear sway bar kit - plug and play

Last edited by markoJEK1; 07-04-2010 at 08:03 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Unreal! Thanks Marko!

I take it, you'd remove those extension brackets on an EM1/EK4 then?

What'd you do for the front setup marko?
    FN2R

Id assume so, never dealt with it so cant really comment.

Front - Im running full ITR subframe, lower controls arms + ITR swaybar